World Directory of Children's Book Translators - register by 10 Jan 2008
Thread poster: Nesrin

Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:16
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 13, 2007

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I received this email, which I thought may be of interest to some:

"Dear Translator,

In response to the growth in cultural exchanges at a world level and the consequent increase in demand for translation services, particularly in the field of children's publishing, BolognaFiere and UNESCO - Clearing House for Literary Translation have created the "World Directory of Children's Book Translators", which will be officially unveiled at the next Bologna Children's Book Fair.

The "World Directory of Children's Book Translators" is the result of a long and painstaking process of data collection. This new and up-to-date professional tool provides a response to the growing availability of language resources and the demand from publishers for skilled and competent translators.

The aim of the "World Directory of Children's Book Translators" is therefore to provide a meeting point between supply and demand for translation services and to highlight the professionalism of individual translators.

To achieve this aim, it is essential for translators to register (free of charge) and to ensure that their details are kept up to date.

We would like to thank you for having already registered and would be grateful if you could take the time to fill in this new questionnaire to update your information. The questionnaire can be filled in directly on the website www.bolognachildrensbookfair.com.
Please fill in the questionnaire and submit it by 10 January 2008. It will be possible for you to update it afterwards.

We also hope that you will visit us in Bologna during the Children's Book Fair (30 March - 3 April 2008), where numerous meetings on the translation industry will be held in the Translators Centre.

Best regards.

Marco Momoli
Brand Manager
BolognaFiere

For further information:
Bologna Children's Book Fair Secretariat, tel. +39 051 282 494
e-mail translator@bolognafiere.it
www.bolognachildrensbookfair.com

Direct link Reply with quote

Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:16
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
proper link Dec 13, 2007

... and here's the link to the relevant page on the site
http://www.bolognachildrensbookfair.com/page.asp?m=52&l=2&a=&ma=3&c=710&sc=711&p=52TheFirst

Juliana Brown  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 18:16
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks Nesrin Dec 13, 2007

That's a great idea. Now if I could just find someone to fund a trip to Bologna so I could check out the fair...:).

Hester Eymers  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:16
Member (2005)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Thank you! Dec 14, 2007

Thank you for this very useful information, Nesrin!

Kind regards,
Hester

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

World Directory of Children's Book Translators - register by 10 Jan 2008

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs