Thread poster: Ernestas Lomsargis
Ernestas Lomsargis
Ernestas Lomsargis  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:29
English to Lithuanian
In memoriam
Sep 10, 2007

Sirsnīgi sveicieni braļu tautai!

Let me inform you about translators' powwow being organized in Klaipėda, Lithuania, on International Translator's Day, Sep. 29, 2007.

Still having nice memories from first Latvian powwow that I visited two years ago, this time I should like to share our hospitality with your community and invite Latvian colleagues to take an international...
See more
Sirsnīgi sveicieni braļu tautai!

Let me inform you about translators' powwow being organized in Klaipėda, Lithuania, on International Translator's Day, Sep. 29, 2007.

Still having nice memories from first Latvian powwow that I visited two years ago, this time I should like to share our hospitality with your community and invite Latvian colleagues to take an international trip to our powwow (hopefully, we will also be able to call it international ) in Klaipėda on Saturday, September 29, 2007.

As you may find in powwow website http://www.proz.com/powwow/1654, the headline of this powwow is "Maybe not only at the table..." It is not a secret that our profession takes a great deal of our lives "at the table", i.e. we are always sitting, hardly working, and feeling serious deficiency of physical movement. Not adding anything better to this, our powwows have also been just sitting at some table in café.

So, the idea behind the headline is to have a powwow partially or completely different from all powwows we had so far by getting away from table and taking some entertainment that involves movement. Of course, I do not offer to have an ice-hockey or basketball match, but having fun, e.g. in bowling club (not yet decided, please offer your ideas in powwow website!) would be a fun and truly relaxed and informal atmosphere of meeting.

"Agenda" of powwow is still almost at zero level, so I invite you to register in powwow website, discuss and offer your ideas. We will be happy to make a powwow that will satisfy everybody's interests and will be something that will be strongly wanted again immediately after we go back to our homes and works.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions and offer your brilliant and even craziest ideas in website http://www.proz.com/powwow/1654 and/or via e-mail [email protected]
Another information that may be important to you – we will be able to offer free "bed-and-breakfast" in our homes for some of you. However, please let us know your wishes good time in advance, as space is not limitless.

So, that's it at this point! I hope, I can say:

Uz drīzu redzēšanos!

Ernestas
Collapse

Ernestas Lomsargis
Ernestas Lomsargis  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:29
English to Lithuanian
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Anyone via Šiauliai? Sep 27, 2007

Is anybody driving to Klaipėda powwow via Šiauliai? One colleague would join you there. Please let me know. Paldies!

Ernestas

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Powwow in Klaipėda, Lietuva - Sep. 29, 2007

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »