Off topic: Classic songs filtered through five phrasebooks
Thread poster: PB Trans
| | PB Trans
Local time: 04:24
French to English
From Uncut magazine's Book of Revelations Volume 2: The opening lines to 12 classic songs filtered through five phrasebooks: English-Portuguese, Portuguese-Urdu, Urdu-German, German-Japanese and Japanese-English. See how many you can guess before scrolling to the answers below.
1. This evening we reflect upon the difficulties of the day.
2. The woman was given an agreeable assessment as to the value of her jewellery.
3. The departure of my child prompted me to locate an alternative living space.
4. A response to your futile inquiry remains unobtainable.
5. My mother came to an end due to lack of mental assistance.
6. The regular arrival of fowl in your immediate proximity is baffling.
7. A thoughtful exit is compulsory, happily inform the felon.
8. My morning ablutions are preceded by worship.
9. My ancestry makes me embarrassed of rude misdemeanours.
10. I wager you were surprised by the exposure of your mischievous blueprint.
11. Michael's slenderness is to blame for my brain exploding. Hello!
12. An invitation to a well-stocked arsenal joyfully defeats mimicry.
1. A Hard Day's Night: The Beatles
It's been a hard day's night
2. Stairway to Heaven: Led Zeppelin
There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
3. Heartbreak Hotel: Elvis Presley
Since my baby left me, I've found a new place to dwell
4. Pretty Vacant: Sex Pistols
There's no point in asking, you'll get no reply
5. Paranoid: Black Sabbath
Finished with my woman 'cause she could not help me with my mind
6. Close to You: Carpenters
Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
7. All Along the Watchtower: Bob Dylan
There must be some kind of way outta here, said the joker to the thief
8. I Say a Little Prayer: Aretha Franklin
The moment I wake up, before I put on my make-up, I say a little prayer for you
9. How Soon is Now?: The Smiths
I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
10. I Heard It Through the Grapevine: Marvin Gaye
I bet you're wondering how I knew 'bout your plans to make me blue
11. Mickey: Toni Basil
Oh Mickey, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey!
12. Smells Like Teen Spirit: Nirvana
Load up the guns, bring your friends, it's fun to lose and to pretend
| || || |
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
Classic songs filtered through five phrasebooks
|Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business|
Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.
More info »
|PerfectIt consistency checker|
|Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy|
PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.
More info »