Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:18
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 29, 2008

Hello there.

As LT limps painfully on into Year Two, since this frolicking far-fetched fantasy has been going since July/August 2007, if my memory serves me right, just to say I'm afraid there's more to come in a day or two or three, or four, or five. When will it end? Who knows? Who cares? The Opera's not over until the Fat Lady sings. I'm not sure how that fits in, but I thought I'd write it anyway. Instead of having to write what somebody else has written first, like we do all d
... See more
Hello there.

As LT limps painfully on into Year Two, since this frolicking far-fetched fantasy has been going since July/August 2007, if my memory serves me right, just to say I'm afraid there's more to come in a day or two or three, or four, or five. When will it end? Who knows? Who cares? The Opera's not over until the Fat Lady sings. I'm not sure how that fits in, but I thought I'd write it anyway. Instead of having to write what somebody else has written first, like we do all day.

Yes, I said all day. I know some of you think I don't do a hand's turn at translation and just sit around making naughty plans for Sergeant Garmendia and the rest of the crew, but I do, therefore the long silences. Every day is a full day's translation, and far too much this month and last, that's for sure.

Hope everyone everywhere had a good holiday!!!! I have been inspired by a recent holiday myself in climes far south, too. All good stuff for dragging the Sergeant into scrapes.

Enjoy this evening and the weekend. Come Monday, back to the leg shackles at the desk.

All the best now,

Mervyn
Collapse

Andres & Leticia Enjuto
Andres & Leticia Enjuto  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feliz cumple, LT! Aug 29, 2008

You read my mind. Just today I was wondering where would LT be and here you are. Back. After a well deserved holiday.

Keep them coming but in a day or two, not four or five

Cheers!

Letty (LT's fan)

TonyTK
TonyTK
German to English
+ ...
There's no business like show business Aug 30, 2008

Mervyn Henderson wrote:
The Opera's not over until the Fat Lady sings.

Or - for the hard-of-hearing - it ain't over till the Fat Lady signs ...

[Bearbeitet am 2008-08-30 10:37]

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:18
English to French
+ ...
Happy birthday, LT! Aug 30, 2008

Wow, it's already been a year! Time sure goes by fast!

Young as LT is, I am sure he has many years ahead of him to keep entertaining us.

If LT is too busy with translation at the moment to recount his vacation, perhaps I can take some of the load off his shoulders. It sure has been a boring August in North America...

I can't wait to read about LT's latest adventures!

Thanks, Mervy
... See more
Wow, it's already been a year! Time sure goes by fast!

Young as LT is, I am sure he has many years ahead of him to keep entertaining us.

If LT is too busy with translation at the moment to recount his vacation, perhaps I can take some of the load off his shoulders. It sure has been a boring August in North America...

I can't wait to read about LT's latest adventures!

Thanks, Mervyn!
Collapse

French Foodie
French Foodie  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Happy Birthday! Aug 31, 2008

And hopefully many more to come!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Little Translator Celebrates his First Birthday

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »