Off topic: machines vs people: the war goes on (MT)
Thread poster: Ruadh
Ruadh
Ruadh
Poland
Local time: 22:57
English to Polish
Jul 10, 2003

check it... lovely
go to: http://www.living-foods.com/recipes/
scroll down
use the machine translator into any language
enjoy!!!

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
mousse = mouse Jul 10, 2003

pecan mouse (in Polish)

just ran out to get a better mouse trap - can't wait to try the recipe out ;-P

Bob Kerns (X)
Bob Kerns (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
I havn't laughed so much for a long time! Jul 10, 2003

The translations on this site are funnier (and cheaper) than most comedy films I've ever seen.

Example:
"South of the Border Corn Chips" are apparently "Südlich von die Besatz Getreide" in German.

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
No worries... humans win! Jul 10, 2003

That is very comforting with respect to the future of human translators.

In Danish "Lava Soup" became "Lavatory Soup" (how? I DON'T know) and "Seed Cheese"... well, not to break site etiquette, here's a hint: seed was translated as "male reproduction liquid".

)) Jørgen

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:27
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
Out of sight out of mind Jul 10, 2003

This is a very old story dating back to the seventies. The English saying "Out of sight, out of mind" was translated by a computer into English. The translated Russian phrase was fed into another computer for translation back into English and the result was "Invisible idiot".

Jørgen Madsen wrote:

That is very comforting with respect to the future of human translators.

In Danish "Lava Soup" became "Lavatory Soup" (how? I DON'T know) and "Seed Cheese"... well, not to break site etiquette, here's a hint: seed was translated as "male reproduction liquid".

)) Jørgen

vladex
vladex  Identity Verified
Polish
+ ...
:-D Jul 10, 2003

yes, I enjoyed very much

In Polish version:
living => flat
date (fruit) => date (time)
and many, many, many more...

And for everyone speaking Polish - you can buy a camera, wchich is compatible with "rain coat" (originally MAC), takes "silent paintings" (or. still pictures), "produces decission" (or. output resolution), there are some "notices that wave witch paintings" (or. [it] records motion pictures), "it contains strap's arm" (or. includes hand st
... See more
yes, I enjoyed very much

In Polish version:
living => flat
date (fruit) => date (time)
and many, many, many more...

And for everyone speaking Polish - you can buy a camera, wchich is compatible with "rain coat" (originally MAC), takes "silent paintings" (or. still pictures), "produces decission" (or. output resolution), there are some "notices that wave witch paintings" (or. [it] records motion pictures), "it contains strap's arm" (or. includes hand strap), and "it puts USB cable into a bag [itself]" (or. "pouch USB cable").
And it is a tyrant - it "demands 2 AA baterries".
Just visit this site:
http://www.allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=13905910
Collapse

Pamela Peralta
Pamela Peralta  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 16:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
qué lata Jul 10, 2003

Thank you for the laugh.

Please submit it to us so we can share it with everyone!

Por favor someter ella hasta Estados Unidos de América así nosotros lata compartir ella con todo el mundo!

Raw Brownies = Raw moreno:):)

Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
What can I say? Jul 10, 2003

Cocina dar alimento tóxico! El toxicidad de el desquiciado escombros de cocina es confirmado por el multiplicación y triple de clara sangre calabozos depués de comiendo un cocinado alimento harina. El clara sangre calabozos are el primero línea de defensa y are, colectivamente, popular llamado " el inmune sistema"

manducci
manducci  Identity Verified
Italian to English
How to burn your house down in 3 easy steps. Jul 10, 2003

Thanks for the laugh - in a recipe I accessed in Italian, the reader was instructed to bake the bread on a "LENZUOLO" (baking sheet)...

Richard Benham
Richard Benham  Identity Verified
France
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
One for the humans.... Aug 20, 2003

A Belgian MTV clone (I think it was called MCM) once screened an interview with Blondie about their latest album. One member of the band said that the songs were interconnected, and added, "Chris thinks it's one song with a lot of movements." The subtitle: "Chris pense que cette chanson est tres mouvementee [sorry about the lack of accents]".

Only a human could stuff up as creatively as that.

Richard Benham
Richard Benham  Identity Verified
France
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Lampe de lecture de flash.... Aug 20, 2003

My flash unit, made in Japan, has a typo in the English instructions: "Flash read lamp". The German, presumably translated directly from the Japanese, has "Blitzbereitschaftsindikator" or something along those lines. The French has "Lampe de lecture de flash". Huh?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

machines vs people: the war goes on (MT)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »