Thread poster: Robin Salmon (X)
Robin Salmon (X)
Robin Salmon (X)  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 12:50
German to English
+ ...
Dec 20, 2004

One of the bonuses of using Dragon Voice Recognition Software is the unexpected laugh it occasionally provides. Here's one from a German translation I am doing and it might amuse Australians:

The Neuenburg was once a centre of mediaeval court culture and later became the residence and hunting lodge of the chooks of Saxony-Weissenfels.

(chook=chicken)

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:50
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Rather more alarming Dragon error Apr 4, 2005

I dictated one of the purposes of a company as "carrying out tourist activities" and found that it had printed "carrying out terrorist activities"!

Excuse me if you are alerted to messages in this old thread. I am using this post to experiment with downloading images into forums, since the way I used to do it is no longer valid. No luck so far.

OK, I've got it to work now.

[Edited at 2005-11-29 15:49]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mild amusement courtesy of Dragon

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »