Mobile menu

Off topic: Any suggestions as to what "back end verify" might mean?
Thread poster: Fiona Gonçalves

Fiona Gonçalves  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:22
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Nov 9, 2005

This was handed in to the travel agency where I work. I have the original Portuguese version and even so I can't work out where they got the above phrase from. Somehow I don't think they'll be getting much English-speaking custom!

"Open at a short distance Hotel AuraMar, XXX Hairdresser with Prices specials end with a 10% discount on alls works execute for the Hairdresser, back end verify you not to repent."

Hope the lady's a better hairdresser than she is a translator...

Direct link Reply with quote

Tony M  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:22
French to English
+ ...
Dodgy! Nov 15, 2005

FionaMG wrote:

"back end verify you not to repent."

Might she mean that she lets you look at the back of your head in a mirror, so you won't regret it later?

Alternatively, perhaps it's just a cock-eyed way of saying that she has lots of satisfied customers behind her...

[Edited at 2005-11-15 19:26]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any suggestions as to what "back end verify" might mean?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs