Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:43
German to English
+ ...
Dec 1, 2005

In line with last year's discussion, here are some of the lastest USB gadgets

Take a look at

My favourite is the noodle strainer!

Actually, the vacuum cleaner could be quite useful.

Have fun,

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:43
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Thanks Jill Dec 1, 2005

I'll think about the ash tray that "predicts when he/she will die of lung cancer". Nice present!

Veronika Hansova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
Am I still asleep or just naive? Dec 2, 2005

They do not mean it seriously, do they?
I mean I did not find any faintest breath of joke in it... Either they are so good in pretending seriousness and I swallowed the hook, or they are dead serious and then I am probably missing something important n my household!:-))
Thanks for those links!

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
These beat soap dispensers any day! Dec 16, 2005

For me this year's useless present has been a soap dispenser.

Someone gave me a stainless steel container for liquid soap with a pump that squirts out three times as much as you need.

The surplus makes a slippery pool on the basin, so the dispenser slips down and hits the floor with a noise far louder than any bar of soap or plastic container ever did. It needs cleaning (and I've better things to do with my time) whenever anyone touches it with wet hands, and the soap runs down the side...

The refills come in plastic containers with pumps too, and if you pour the soap from one to the other it spills (more cleaning and waste...). The plastic containers are not colour-toned to match my bathroom, and the steel (when clean) reflects it. But if that's your problem, folks... you ain't got one!

I don't even know a charity shop I feel I can pass the thing on to! And they are grateful for almost anything!

Here is another site with presents for people who have everything... and this one is serious!

Season's greetings!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for suitable Christmas gifts? This year's USB gadgets

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs