Thread poster: Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:28
English to French
+ ...
Dec 4, 2006

I thought this was going to console me in working at home... Not what I expected, but here it is anyways: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1z2aTcumlY

WARNING: this is a banned commercial.

By the way, if anybody has a video to share that is funny and is related to translation, freelancing, etc., please do post it. It can be a little boost after 10 hours of work...... See more
I thought this was going to console me in working at home... Not what I expected, but here it is anyways: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1z2aTcumlY

WARNING: this is a banned commercial.

By the way, if anybody has a video to share that is funny and is related to translation, freelancing, etc., please do post it. It can be a little boost after 10 hours of work...
Collapse

Rita Bilancio
Rita Bilancio  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:28
English to Italian
+ ...
really funny! Dec 4, 2006

I had so so much fun in seeing it!

It'll be good to see it from women's perspective...

Piotr Wargan
Piotr Wargan  Identity Verified
Poland
I could see no danger... Dec 4, 2006

so... I have to view it one more time

Thanks for sharing!!!

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Brilliant Dec 4, 2006

I love the way the executives are all standing up at the end to get a better view.
Thanks for sharing.
Jill

Deborah do Carmo
Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:28
Dutch to English
+ ...
Thanks for the laugh .... Dec 4, 2006

Needed one this morning !

Anne Marie B
Anne Marie B
Canada
English to French
Too funny! Dec 4, 2006

Thanks Victoria for enlightening this Monday!

Orla Ryan
Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
ROTFL! Dec 4, 2006

No danger of that happening chez moi with some fine young man, boo-hoo!! What a hoot

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:28
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Thought this could only happen at the office Dec 4, 2006

What would my wife say if I hire such a secretary?

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:28
French to Spanish
+ ...
I wouldn't Dec 4, 2006

mind to be in such a danger!

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
But it is his wife, isn't it? Dec 4, 2006

You are missing the point, Heinrich. It is his wife and she is sick of him working all the time and not paying her any attention

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OOOooooo... Dec 4, 2006

NOW I know why I don't videoconference with my clients!

I am a woman and I'm hetero, but with a wife hot like that, that must be one hell of a laptop to keep him glued to it!

[Edited at 2006-12-04 18:48]

Thomas Pfann
Thomas Pfann  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
;-) Dec 4, 2006

I don't think this little incident did any harm to his business, though. I'm sure his business partners were very keen on scheduling a follow-up video conference soon.

Viktoria Gimbe wrote:
By the way, if anybody has a video to share that is funny and is related to translation, freelancing, etc., please do post it. It can be a little boost after 10 hours of work...

Some weeks ago there were at least two threads with a few links to language related videos - some of these might have been mentioned there already. Anyway, these are some of my favourites:

- An old favourite of mine is this one. I have watched it plenty of times already but still laugh out loud: "Do you speak English?" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziFIv1P4bLc )

- And this one is equally funny - a new favourite of mine:
"I don't need subtitles" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RKuiyvvRq4 ) Hilarious!

- And here, something cute for the ladies: various translated versions of the song "Can you feel the love tonight?" skillfully put together. A great piece of work and a pleasure to watch (and listen to): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpmug6ODaWc .

[Edited at 2006-12-05 12:00]

Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
Happens to me all the time Dec 4, 2006

I'm glad somebody was courageous enough to take up this topic with us poor husbands who simply can't find any peace in mind to work and earn money.

1st and 2nd time is OK, but when the clients refuse to accept e-mail communication and start insisting on video conference at 4 pm when spouse usually comes home I start wondering..

Erik

... See more
I'm glad somebody was courageous enough to take up this topic with us poor husbands who simply can't find any peace in mind to work and earn money.

1st and 2nd time is OK, but when the clients refuse to accept e-mail communication and start insisting on video conference at 4 pm when spouse usually comes home I start wondering..

Erik

[Bearbeitet am 2006-12-04 21:23]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:28
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
But who's wife has time for that on a working day Dec 4, 2006

Marijke wrote:

You are missing the point, Heinrich. It is his wife and she is sick of him working all the time and not paying her any attention

Must be a country where women don't work.

Maaike van Vlijmen
Maaike van Vlijmen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2009)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
I personally love this one Dec 5, 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJplBZ8x4i4

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The dangers of working at home

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »