Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:13
English to French
+ ...
Feb 6, 2007

Dear colleagues,

I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate having you here. I really enjoy you all as the only colleagues I have and to be able to chat you all up in the forum.

In no particular order:

Vito Smolej, for his entertaining and witty posts, and for being knowledgeable on so many topics - you keep making me laugh!

Aurora Humarán, for being so nice and friendly - you have got the human touch!

Jennifer Baker, for bei
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate having you here. I really enjoy you all as the only colleagues I have and to be able to chat you all up in the forum.

In no particular order:

Vito Smolej, for his entertaining and witty posts, and for being knowledgeable on so many topics - you keep making me laugh!

Aurora Humarán, for being so nice and friendly - you have got the human touch!

Jennifer Baker, for being smart and taking the time to voice your opinion, carefully weighing your words - you must be a beautiful lady, and not just in the physical sense of the word...

NancyLynn, for all of those questions and entertaining anecdotes.

Hipyan Nopri, for being smart and communicating so politely.

Jenny Forbes, for being so active in the forum lately - here's to livening it up!

Marie-Helene Hayles, for just hanging around and being yourself.

Williamson, for having strong opinions.

Charlie Bavington, for being Charlie

IreneN, Orla Ryan, Chinese Concept, Astrid Elke Johnson (beautiful typical German first names, might I add), Giovanni Guarnieri (I prefer your smile to David Sylvian's), Ritu Bhanot, Heinrich Pesch, Samuel Murray (my favorite geek on this site), Patricia Lane, Jackie Bowman (whether you be a girl, a boy or an extraterrestrial), MarcPrior, Mitsuko Moine, Roomy Naqvi, Christel Zipfel, Brandis, Derek Gill Franßen, etc.

There are so many of you, I can't name you all - I can't even remember all your names. Either way, those who see me around here a lot know who they are.

You people are what really makes it worth coming here. Whenever I have somthing on my mind, you are always there to listen and to tell me what you think. I may not always agree with all of you - I probably have argued with many of you before - but that only makes me appreciate you more. How could we learn from each other and have lively conversations if we were all the same?

A big, heartfelt thank you to my favorite colleagues, you are the best!

Oh, and if you don't feel like it, just this once, you don't have to reply. I will not be mad!
Collapse

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Thanks Feb 6, 2007

I think all of us are here to help each other, listen to one another.

Imagine how our lives would be otherwise glued to this dumb computer and no communication with anyone (I mean real communication and not the type: Are you free to take a job? Deadline is approaching etc. )

I, too, feel the same but there are many people I need to thank.
... See more
I think all of us are here to help each other, listen to one another.

Imagine how our lives would be otherwise glued to this dumb computer and no communication with anyone (I mean real communication and not the type: Are you free to take a job? Deadline is approaching etc. )

I, too, feel the same but there are many people I need to thank. And I have a deadline this evening.

Keep the communication alive...

Sincerely,

Ritu
Collapse

Orla Ryan
Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 09:13
Ah shucks :-D Feb 6, 2007

I'm very flattered & honoured

Have a good, profitable and productive day

Orla

Jackie Bowman
Jackie Bowman

Spanish to English
+ ...
Oh, no! The secret’s out …! Feb 6, 2007

Viktoria Gimbe wrote:

Jackie Bowman (whether you be a girl, a boy or an extraterrestrial)

Pretty flattered myself. I believe we’ve sometimes disagreed in the past, but always interesting to hear your views. Keep up the good work.

And all best wishes from Venus – or, as we say here, ‘qlfaabzqz!’

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
thanks! Feb 6, 2007

Giovanni (still looking for the rich lady....)

Deborah do Carmo
Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Dutch to English
+ ...
Next instalment: List of the proverbial pains in the butt? Feb 6, 2007

When can we expect that list, or is too long/not terribly PC?

Nice posting anyhow, people generally don't say thank you enough these days !

[Edited at 2007-02-06 18:36]

Susy Ordaz
Susy Ordaz  Identity Verified
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Your felllow Canuck Feb 6, 2007

Dear Victoria,

although I wasn't mentioned on your list (I'm very angry now...just kidding) I have often followed your participation in the forums and I am very proud that such a creative and kind person just happens to be a fellow Canuck.

It my turn to thank you Victoria.
Take care.
Susy

Irene N
Irene N
United States
Local time: 03:13
English to Russian
+ ...
Thank you, Viktoria:-) Feb 6, 2007

You certainly did made my day brighter and my eyes wetter. I am truly touched.

Have a wonderful day, week, month, year, life:-)

Irene

[Edited at 2007-02-06 17:59]

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
my thanks Feb 6, 2007

Jackie Bowman wrote:

I love it!
A few weeks ago Konstantin (Kisin) asked if it would be possible to track certain prozians' posts, and I remember he wanted to track yours, Jackie. If that functionality ever gets added to the site you'll definitely be on my list too! You'll be number 3, to be exact. Number 2 will be Konstantin.
Number one will be "the syntax gypsy", aka transparx, with whom I share a lot of views and interests. Number one because of his common sense, his knowledge, his patience, his modesty, his nobility. Reading his posts is so refreshing... It's good for the soul (especially a soul passionate about linguistics like mine is). What an honor to have him here!

Maria

Patricia Lane
Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:13
French to English
+ ...
Merci Viktoria :) Feb 6, 2007

How very kind of you , thank you, Viktoria... We're all touched!

And we like to "hang" with you too

Patricia

Patricia Lane
Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Catch the clue?? Feb 6, 2007

Jackie Bowman wrote:

Now, folks, would a bloke claim to be from Venus??

Patricia

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
List of pains in the butt and our fellow Venusians Feb 6, 2007

Hey, Lawyer-Linguist, if you ever compile a list of pains in the butt, I will not be mad if you put my name somewhere close to the top of the list

To answer Patricia's latest post, wouldn't Jackie's affirmation mean that she is female AND an extraterrestrial? For an alien, she speaks good English! Oh, and Jackie, we may have disagreed before, but that was when you were a boy - it's all forgotten about now!
... See more
Hey, Lawyer-Linguist, if you ever compile a list of pains in the butt, I will not be mad if you put my name somewhere close to the top of the list

To answer Patricia's latest post, wouldn't Jackie's affirmation mean that she is female AND an extraterrestrial? For an alien, she speaks good English! Oh, and Jackie, we may have disagreed before, but that was when you were a boy - it's all forgotten about now!

Thanks to all who've posted here - although my intention wasn't to get you all to say nice things about me, I do get a warm, fuzzy feeling from the posts here.

[Edited at 2007-02-06 18:49]
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
oofs, you are in a great mood Feb 6, 2007

Hi! thank you for not forgetting me I feel very touched . Best Brandis

Anne Patteet
Anne Patteet  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:13
English to French
+ ...
You are absolutely right Viktoria, Feb 6, 2007

Thank you and everybody.

Very happy to be part of this, too. We all have good days and bad days, good posts and ... all kinds of posts *shall* I say, and as you just said that's what keeps us coming back for more.

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
He'd do brilliantly if he did Feb 6, 2007

Patricia Lane wrote:

Jackie Bowman wrote:

Now, folks, would a bloke claim to be from Venus??

Patricia

He'd do brilliantly if he did. Maybe Giovanni should try it with Jackie - you see, I'm still trying.
Love, Jenny (aka Celestina).

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Thank you

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »