Thread poster: Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:15
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Aug 15, 2007

I've just got to tell someone. I just Googled to check some info. for a translation I'm doing about a new museum in Spain. Found the website, in both Spanish and English.
The English translation was appallingly bad, but the bit that caught my eye said the museum had "a flirtatious cellar" attached.
When I checked the Spanish, it said "una coqueta bodega".
How lovely. Reminiscent of Edward Gory's creepy and curious cartoons?
Regards,
Jenny.

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:15
Spanish to English
+ ...
How "big" is "big"?! Aug 15, 2007

Jenny Forbes wrote:

I've just got to tell someone. I just Googled to check some info. for a translation I'm doing about a new museum in Spain. Found the website, in both Spanish and English.
The English translation was appallingly bad, but the bit that caught my eye said the museum had "a flirtatious cellar" attached.
When I checked the Spanish, it said "una coqueta bodega".
How lovely. Reminiscent of Edward Gory's creepy and curious cartoons?
Regards,
Jenny.

Great, I also loved the "big German"!

Ken Cox
Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:15
German to English
+ ...
nice name for a wine shop, though... Aug 15, 2007

what a hoot!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The flirtatious cellar

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »