Mobile menu

Off topic: \"I\'m not that kind of girl\" from English to Russian
Thread poster: GaryG

GaryG  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:05
English
+ ...
Feb 4, 2003

Well, my most, uh, memorable interpreting experience was when I was on vacation in Nassau, the Bahamas in 1979 and during the week made the acquaintance of a sleazy Serb and and couple of almost-as-sleazy women from Atlanta, Georgia.

One night near the end of the week the Serb asked me to ask one of the women to come to him room. I had to translate back \"I\'m not that kind of girl\" (or he wasn\'t her kind of guy\" back into Russian.

Much more colorful than my interpreting between an Uzbek and a Tajik I met at a Smithsonian concert of Central Asian music and dance. One of them wanted to get together at some function the next day but only one knew Russian, so I had to be the \"bridge\" between them to make the arrangements.

Direct link Reply with quote

Cherepanov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 10:05
Member (2005)
English to Russian
+ ...
Two options of the answer Feb 4, 2003

There are two types of answers in Russian:

1)ß íå òàêàÿ!

2) Çà êîãî Âû ìåíÿ ïðèíèìàåòå!?
[addsig]

GaryG  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:05
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the varianty! Feb 11, 2003

Indeed, I chose the 1st option, adding \"zhenshchina\'

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

\"I\'m not that kind of girl\" from English to Russian

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs