https://www.proz.com/forum/lighter_side_of_trans_interp/83219-bills_are_killing_me_.html

Off topic: Bills are killing me !
Thread poster: Patricia Baldwin
Patricia Baldwin
Patricia Baldwin
United States
Local time: 18:57
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 7, 2007

Did you know...?

Mortgage. The mort part of mortgage is the same syllable that appears in mortify, rigor mortis, and mortician. Yup, it's all about death, French (and ultimately, Latin) style, but a mortgage (literally "dead pledge") was so called originally because it was absolute: the property was dead to the lender if the debt was paid, and dead to the borrower if it wasn't.

And...

The Quick and Dirty Grammar Tips

For those tra
... See more
Did you know...?

Mortgage. The mort part of mortgage is the same syllable that appears in mortify, rigor mortis, and mortician. Yup, it's all about death, French (and ultimately, Latin) style, but a mortgage (literally "dead pledge") was so called originally because it was absolute: the property was dead to the lender if the debt was paid, and dead to the borrower if it wasn't.

And...

The Quick and Dirty Grammar Tips

For those translators that also teach....here's some grammar with a twist

http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/default.aspx

Have fun!
Collapse

lingomania
lingomania
Local time: 11:57
Italian to English
Love it Sep 11, 2007

Love this thread to...........ehm "death"!!
Thax for the twisty thing.

Rob

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bills are killing me !

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »