Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson (X)
Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:20
German to English
+ ...
Not sure what this is about Feb 11, 2008

I was away for the weekend, so I may have missed something.
But I have not seen anything improper, and I am not sure what is being apologised for.
If my comment on the other thread was unhelpful, I am happy for it to be hidden.

Mervyn, please continue the LT saga.
As you know, I have enjoyed it like many others, and it would be a pity if LT did not tell us more about how his career (and private interests) develop.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Like LT, this is getting out of control Feb 11, 2008

Hi Victor,

A nonsensical outburst was what it was. Forget it, all of you. LT needs to bury himself for a while and kick some personal auto-created ghosts into submission, and that's what he's going to do. I've told him, and he agrees.

... See what I mean? - the little git is trying to take me over.

Bye,

Mervyn

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
The stuff of genius Feb 11, 2008

Hi Mervyn,

Glad you're still talking with LT and he's still replying to you.

That's the stuff genius is made of.

I look forward all the more to when the creative spark comes to life again - and I for one hope that it will be sooner rather than later.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Victor Feb 11, 2008

I'm replying, like most of us, amid a hail of offers, rejections, acceptances, "got-to-prove-yourself"s and so on, so best to do a bit of sweeping under the carpet.

LT will be back at some point, but not too soon. I have to shake some sense into the little twerp first. Again, thanks to all Prozians everywhere. Between us we'll make people sit up and take notice. This is a profession, for God's sake, not a frigging hobby people can take advantage of.

Mervyn

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Vaccation - Not a bad idea Feb 11, 2008

Hi,
I love reading LT's adventures (LT in Translationland). I may not say so... but I always drop by to see what he is going to do next...
I agree that may be you can let him go on a vaccation. Remember to tell him to get another mobile so that clients can't contact him... and a vaccation also means no laptop
Do what you want to and not what others
... See more
Hi,
I love reading LT's adventures (LT in Translationland). I may not say so... but I always drop by to see what he is going to do next...
I agree that may be you can let him go on a vaccation. Remember to tell him to get another mobile so that clients can't contact him... and a vaccation also means no laptop
Do what you want to and not what others want you to do.
Have a nice vaccation LT. Hope to see you soon.
Ritu

[Edited at 2008-02-11 14:35]
Collapse

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:20
English to French
+ ...
I think Mervyn is starting to get a taste of the writer's life Feb 11, 2008

This situation is classic for many professional writers - most famous writers probably recognize themselves in this. Maybe you didn't have the intention of becoming a writer - but somehow, maybe against your will, that's what's going on. Maybe this is a symptom of writer's block. I've never lived through such an experience, but I hear it is best not to fight it head on, because then, it may get even worse.

One thing I know is that creativity cannot be forced - it comes to you when i
... See more
This situation is classic for many professional writers - most famous writers probably recognize themselves in this. Maybe you didn't have the intention of becoming a writer - but somehow, maybe against your will, that's what's going on. Maybe this is a symptom of writer's block. I've never lived through such an experience, but I hear it is best not to fight it head on, because then, it may get even worse.

One thing I know is that creativity cannot be forced - it comes to you when it decides to, much like a muse. It's a bit like the weather - you can do the rain dance all you want, it will only rain when it feels like it.

Take a good rest, LT! See you in a while!
Collapse

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Nothing to apologize for Feb 12, 2008

Victor Dewsbery wrote:

I was away for the weekend, so I may have missed something.
But I have not seen anything improper, and I am not sure what is being apologised for.
If my comment on the other thread was unhelpful, I am happy for it to be hidden.

Mervyn, please continue the LT saga.
As you know, I have enjoyed it like many others, and it would be a pity if LT did not tell us more about how his career (and private interests) develop.

I went back and looked too - I saw nothing offensive... /shrug

Andres & Leticia Enjuto
Andres & Leticia Enjuto  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I will certainly miss you... Feb 12, 2008

... and your sharp stories, Mervyn. But you deserve some time off and I think yours is a great decision.

"Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop." Ovid (43 BC - 17 AD)

Cheers

Letty (LT's fan)

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Little Translator makes an apology

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »