Mobile menu

Bilingualism... Zut alors !
Thread poster: xxxCHENOUMI
xxxCHENOUMI  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Jun 13, 2003

Sharing this Toronto article with you.

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20030611/FACTS11//?query=Mireille%20Messier

and the follow-up comment: http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20030612/THULETS12-7//?query=Mireille%20Messier

Direct link Reply with quote

NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 04:04
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Thanks,Sandra Jun 13, 2003

It's so true... the cliché, of course, deals with non-returnable bottles (bouteilles non-retournables... how were we supposed to find the ingredients, alors?)
But yes, I have often ripped apart the French cooking instructions, but really in many cases I am not missing much, because when I think to check them before tearing open the box, I find the French portion was indecipherable anyway. (of course, I would have done a much better job!)
Lesson: If cooking in French, you may add the rice at any step of the process you choose, because, being French, you know exactly how and when to do this
Nancy
PS When in Kingston, Ontario, be sure to enjoy the speciality: Turkey sandwich, or for francophones, Sandwish à la Turquie.

[Edited at 2003-06-13 23:26]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bilingualism... Zut alors !

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs