Sharing this Toronto article with you.

and the follow-up comment:

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 15:14
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Thanks,Sandra Jun 13, 2003

It's so true... the cliché, of course, deals with non-returnable bottles (bouteilles non-retournables... how were we supposed to find the ingredients, alors?)
But yes, I have often ripped apart the French cooking instructions, but really in many cases I am not missing much, because when I think to check them before tearing open the box, I find the French portion was indecipherable anyway. (of course, I would have done a much better job!)
Lesson: If cooking in French, you may add the rice at any step of the process you choose, because, being French, you know exactly how and when to do this
PS When in Kingston, Ontario, be sure to enjoy the speciality: Turkey sandwich, or for francophones, Sandwish à la Turquie.

[Edited at 2003-06-13 23:26]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bilingualism... Zut alors !

Advanced search

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs