Mobile menu

Help needed with new glossay to be published
Thread poster: Mauro Baglieri

Mauro Baglieri  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:50
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 6, 2004

hi, i am compiling a new glossary of English words that show particular phonetic anomalies.

It's just 1500 words and the main work consists of inserting an IPA phonetic transcription for each entry. Collaborators should be fluent in English.

It's longer if done by just one person, but if shared with a number of collaborators it can be finished in a few days.

Everyone willing to participate in the project will be listed among collaborators and a freeware version may be published on / and on the internet /my linguists web site and distributed to members /schools/universities.

I plan to submit this work to IPA and other research bodies too.

If successful, this can be turned into a small dictionary software too. Based on my experience as ESL teacher, i believe there is good potential for that with Italian users.

If interested, please let me know. You can also get details by e-mailing me on

Best Regards / Saluti,

Mauro Baglieri

Direct link Reply with quote

sabina moscatelli  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Hi Mauro Oct 6, 2004

I am very interested in the project, having a good knowledge of IPA alphabet. Willing to help you, then!

P.S.: I am a teacher of ESL too.

[Edited at 2004-10-06 10:25]

Mauro Baglieri  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
Thank You Oct 6, 2004

Ciao Sabina,

And thank you for your interest in the project!! I'm sure that with a knowledge of IPA symbols and experience as an ESL teacher we can help each other out!

The 1500 entries are already listed in a Word document.

Please e-mail me directly to my mailbox by going to my profile page, for the .doc document and instruction for installing the phonetic font(s) provided by IPA and other foundation (free of charge)

Grazie di tutto e tanti cari saluti,

P.S. Your information is safe with me and your e-mail will not be given away for any reason.

[Edited at 2004-10-06 11:49]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help needed with new glossay to be published

Advanced search

Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs