Thread poster: Anne Lee

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:53
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jun 13, 2005

A client contacted me with a 19th century will in English which my client would like someone to transcribe. I can barely read the 5-page document. It really requires someone who is an expert in this sort of thing and who would recognise the word forms, preferably living in the UK. If anyone with the necessary expertise contacts me by email, I may put them in touch with the client directly. I am not posting this as a job because I don't really wish to act as intermediary other than to see if I can find someone for my client in this way.

Direct link Reply with quote

Tsu Dho Nimh
Local time: 16:53
English
Get a professional geneaologist Jun 15, 2005

Geneaologists regularly transcribe old legal documents, and have dictionaries of the old meanings they use to write up a summary of what the document meant.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Job for an expert in 19th century English

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search