Thread poster: Anne Lee

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:37
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jun 13, 2005

A client contacted me with a 19th century will in English which my client would like someone to transcribe. I can barely read the 5-page document. It really requires someone who is an expert in this sort of thing and who would recognise the word forms, preferably living in the UK. If anyone with the necessary expertise contacts me by email, I may put them in touch with the client directly. I am not posting this as a job because I don't really wish to act as intermediary other than to see if I can find someone for my client in this way.

Direct link Reply with quote

Tsu Dho Nimh
Local time: 18:37
English
Get a professional geneaologist Jun 15, 2005

Geneaologists regularly transcribe old legal documents, and have dictionaries of the old meanings they use to write up a summary of what the document meant.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Job for an expert in 19th century English

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs