Mobile menu

what is LSO?
Thread poster: Lexica
Lexica
Romanian to English
Oct 25, 2005

Can someone tell me what LSO (language sign-off) is and what it involves?

Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

Spencer Allman
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:43
Finnish to English
Only a guess really Oct 26, 2005

I think it means some sort of act of verification that a document or text is linguistaically acceptable

OMNIAGE
Bulgaria
Local time: 18:43
Member (2004)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
LSO Apr 7, 2006

LSO means Linguistic Sign-off and is generally used together with the QA part of a localization project.

I hope this would help.

Regards,
Jane Stancheva
Translation From To Ltd.

Mia Wilson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:43
English
LSO is the final check of a document once it's come back from DTP Sep 15, 2013

LSO involves checking the final version of a document once it's been laid out and finalised by Desktop Publishing. This includes checking overall layout and formatting, fonts, headings, page numbers, lists, figures and generally QA-checking the text in its final form before it goes to be published. If checking a website, LSO also invoves checking that all links work correctly and that pages are laid out logically consistently.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

what is LSO?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs