Mobile menu

Welsh translation help
Thread poster: xxxMavericker
xxxMavericker
English
Feb 22, 2006

Hello. Is there any one here who can help me out with Welsh transltions? I have tried posting requests for Welsh tranlstions in the ENglish to Welsh forums and never gotten any responses.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-02-22 00:53]

Direct link Reply with quote

Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:51
German to English
Welsh translation help Feb 22, 2006

Hi Mavericker,
What terms would you like to have translated? It might also help if you explained what you plan to do with your Welsh terms. Who is your target audience, for example?

Steven Sidore  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:51
Member (2003)
German to English
Two options Feb 22, 2006

Hi Mavericker,

There are two approaches that might prove helpful here, depending on how urgent the translation is.

First, if you are just looking for word/phrases to be translated, then the Kudoz system here is the right one, not the forums. I'm not sure how many people answer in the Welsh/English combo, but you'll probably get better results than in the straight forums.

Second, a directory search of freelancers using Welsh/English as the languages pulls up a number of hits. Disregarding the agencies for now, there are still many individual freelancers whom you could contact to arrange for a translation. This costs money, of course, but this is a translator's portal and if you need a job done...

Good luck!

xxxMavericker
English
TOPIC STARTER
Free Englsih to Welsh translations Feb 28, 2006

Steven Sidore wrote:

Hi Mavericker,

There are two approaches that might prove helpful here, depending on how urgent the translation is.

First, if you are just looking for word/phrases to be translated, then the Kudoz system here is the right one, not the forums. I'm not sure how many people answer in the Welsh/English combo, but you'll probably get better results than in the straight forums.

Second, a directory search of freelancers using Welsh/English as the languages pulls up a number of hits. Disregarding the agencies for now, there are still many individual freelancers whom you could contact to arrange for a translation. This costs money, of course, but this is a translator's portal and if you need a job done...

Good luck!

Thank you. Do you know of any Free English to Welsh translation sites?

xxxMavericker
English
TOPIC STARTER
Welsh slang help Apr 26, 2006

Kim Metzger wrote:

Hi Mavericker,
What terms would you like to have translated? It might also help if you explained what you plan to do with your Welsh terms. Who is your target audience, for example?

Hello. I'm looking for Welsh slang terms. I need Welsh slang translatoins for the following words:

tough guy
tough girl
tomboy
hoyden
vixen
virago
androgyne
amazon
smart person
clever person
pert girl
bold foward perosn
champion
ruffian

I'm going to use these terms to namse my comic book characters with. I'm wriitng a multicultural comic book. I think the target audince should be kids and teens.

Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:51
German to English
Comic book characters Apr 26, 2006

Mavericker wrote:

I'm going to use these terms to namse my comic book characters with. I'm wriitng a multicultural comic book. I think the target audince should be kids and teens.

Welsh kids and teens? Or if your target audience is US kids, are you going to supply a glossary along with your comic book?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Welsh translation help

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs