France
Local time: 13:41
Member (2005)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
You don't load "output" into a van - saving your presence. EOM May 24, 2006

Charlie Bavington wrote:

Adam Warren wrote:

my feeling is that the term "manufactures" is a good, concise way of describing goods, products, wares or merchandise just as they leave the production line.

my feeling is that "output" also covers the above fairly adequately

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:41
French to English
+ ...
What's wrong with 'merchandise'? May 25, 2006

'Merchandise' carries the connotations of 'the output of production' and 'things to be sold', and in addition is current everyday English - if your text is a simple description of a man taking his goods to market, I don't think you need anything else.

What people have implied here, but not stated, is that you might have got more responses by posting this to KudoZ (see link at top of page) as a translation question. Your question would then have been sent specifically to translators
... See more
'Merchandise' carries the connotations of 'the output of production' and 'things to be sold', and in addition is current everyday English - if your text is a simple description of a man taking his goods to market, I don't think you need anything else.

What people have implied here, but not stated, is that you might have got more responses by posting this to KudoZ (see link at top of page) as a translation question. Your question would then have been sent specifically to translators of the relevant languages, rather than relying on people finding it by chance.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"manufactures" as a noun - l'état des lieux, please

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »