Mobile menu

Call for papers: University of Timisoara Conference on British and American Studies
Thread poster: Alina Matei

Alina Matei  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 04:52
English to Romanian
+ ...
Dec 19, 2002

Dear colleagues,

I thought it might be a good idea to post interesting conferences, seminars, etc that could help us all not only improve, but also make a contribution to the field of linguistics.

I have therefore decided to post you the following message I received. It is a call for papers for a conference in Romania. I attended last year\'s conference, and it proved a really good one. Maybe some of us will meet there

Here comes the message I received.

\"Dear Colleague,

Please find below the Call for papers to our yearly event.

The organizers would be most obliged if you could further disseminate this info.

Yours sincerely,

Reghina Dascal

Department of English

University of Timisoara

Bd. V. Parvan 4

Timisoara 1900

Romania

13th CONFERENCE ON BRITISH AND AMERICAN STUDIES TIMISOARA, ROMANIA May 15‑17, 2003

Presentations (20 min) and workshops (60 min) are invited in the following sections:

$ Language Studies

$ Translation Studies

$ Semiotics

$ British and Commonwealth Literature

$ American Literature

$ Cultural Studies

$ Gender Studies

$ English Language Teaching

Please submit 60‑word abstracts, which will be included in the conference programme, to Reghina Dascal, rdascal@mail.dnttm.ro or snail mail address, Str. Ion Barac 34, 1900 Timisoara, Romania (tel./fax + 40 256 152224).

Deadline: 15 FEBRUARY 2003

Abstracts longer than 60 words are not accepted.

The conference registration fee is 50 USD, to be paid upon arrival.

Hotel reservations will be made by the conference organizers. Prices per night vary between 40 and 100 USD. Upon request, foreign guests will be met at the airport or train station.

For additional information, please contact Luminita Frentiu, lfrentiu@mail.dnttm.ro , Str Turgheniev 4, Timisoara 1900, tel + 40 256 192338 or Hortensia Parlog, Str. Narciselor 6, Timisoara 1900, tel + 40 256 198277.

SPEAKER PROPOSAL FORM:

Details of presenter:

First name:

Last name:

Title: Mr/Ms/Mrs/Dr/Prof

Affiliation:

E‑mail address:

Address (work and home):

Details of presentation / workshop

Presentation/Workshop (please indicate)

Title:

Section:

Abstract (60 words):

\"

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Call for papers: University of Timisoara Conference on British and American Studies

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs