Mobile menu

Call for papers: University of Timisoara Conference on British and American Studies
Thread poster: Alina Matei

Alina Matei  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:10
English to Romanian
+ ...
Dec 19, 2002

Dear colleagues,

I thought it might be a good idea to post interesting conferences, seminars, etc that could help us all not only improve, but also make a contribution to the field of linguistics.

I have therefore decided to post you the following message I received. It is a call for papers for a conference in Romania. I attended last year\'s conference, and it proved a really good one. Maybe some of us will meet there

Here comes the message I received.

\"Dear Colleague,

Please find below the Call for papers to our yearly event.

The organizers would be most obliged if you could further disseminate this info.

Yours sincerely,

Reghina Dascal

Department of English

University of Timisoara

Bd. V. Parvan 4

Timisoara 1900

Presentations (20 min) and workshops (60 min) are invited in the following sections:

$ Language Studies

$ Translation Studies

$ Semiotics

$ British and Commonwealth Literature

$ American Literature

$ Cultural Studies

$ Gender Studies

$ English Language Teaching

Please submit 60‑word abstracts, which will be included in the conference programme, to Reghina Dascal, or snail mail address, Str. Ion Barac 34, 1900 Timisoara, Romania (tel./fax + 40 256 152224).

Deadline: 15 FEBRUARY 2003

Abstracts longer than 60 words are not accepted.

The conference registration fee is 50 USD, to be paid upon arrival.

Hotel reservations will be made by the conference organizers. Prices per night vary between 40 and 100 USD. Upon request, foreign guests will be met at the airport or train station.

For additional information, please contact Luminita Frentiu, , Str Turgheniev 4, Timisoara 1900, tel + 40 256 192338 or Hortensia Parlog, Str. Narciselor 6, Timisoara 1900, tel + 40 256 198277.

Details of presenter:

First name:

Last name:

Title: Mr/Ms/Mrs/Dr/Prof

E‑mail address:

Address (work and home):

Details of presentation / workshop

Presentation/Workshop (please indicate)

Abstract (60 words):

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Call for papers: University of Timisoara Conference on British and American Studies

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs