Mobile menu

Some associations are needed from native English speakers
Thread poster: VeraHembitska

VeraHembitska
Local time: 07:20
English
+ ...
May 7, 2007

I am a student of Polotsk State University in Belarus. We need some associations from native English speakers for our research work . If it is possible write us a few associations for each word: 1.Master; 2.Money; 3.God. And in addition write the color with which you associate each of them. Don’t forget to mention your age, gender& country. Please!

Thank you very much!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Nicole Johnson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:20
Italian to English
+ ...
This is what I associate with these words... May 7, 2007

Master: slave, file
color - purple (don't know why)

Money: time, work
color - green (the almighty $)

God: grace, country, heaven
color - white (clouds in heaven maybe)

38 years old, female, United States

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
a suggestion May 7, 2007

VeraHembitska wrote:

I am a student of Polotsk State University in Belarus. We need some associations from native English speakers for our research work . If it is possible write us a few associations for each word: 1.Master; 2.Money; 3.God. And in addition write the color with which you associate each of them. Don’t forget to mention your age, gender& country. Please!

Thank you very much!!!

I'd be happy to help, but seeing other people's answers is not a good idea as it interferes with our own associative processes...and it's difficult not to catch sight of something someone else said.

I suggest you ask people to write to your email address:-)

VeraHembitska
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
my email address May 8, 2007

Lia Fail wrote:

VeraHembitska wrote:

Thank you very much!!!

I'd be happy to help, but seeing other people's answers is not a good idea as it interferes with our own associative processes...and it's difficult not to catch sight of something someone else said.

I suggest you ask people to write to your email address:-)

Dear Lia Fail, thank you for your suggestion. it is worth following, so, this is my email address: comingtobe@mail.by

P.S Many thanks to Nicole Johnson

zabrowa
hmm May 14, 2007

What kind of research is this? Perhaps once this work is finalized you could inform us of the title and the results? It seems you are testing semantic connotations...?!

VeraHembitska
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You've guessed May 15, 2007

You've guessed. I am going to compare belorussian, russian and english associations.They are different and reflect life of these countries, but from linguistic point they are different too. And the way of thinking? it is not the same at all.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Some associations are needed from native English speakers

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs