Critical Discourse Analysis and Translation
Thread poster: Mahdi Ghazanfar

Mahdi Ghazanfar
Local time: 05:34
English to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
May 17, 2007

Dear Colleagues,

I am going to perform my MA thesis on the relation between CDA and translation. By this I mean I want to use critical discourse analysis to show how CDA can be used to indicate the ideological deviation in the translation of any text. My presupositoin is that transltion imposes ideological shifts in the Source text and author's ideological viewpoint.
I would highly appreciate your kind help in advance if you introduce me some online sources and/or any article or book in this regard. Moreover your high esteemed viewpoint would also help me a lot.

Direct link Reply with quote

zexia wang
English to Chinese
language using=language choosing Jan 11, 2008

Hi, possibly Halliday's "Meaning Potential" will inspire your ideas.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Critical Discourse Analysis and Translation

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums