Off topic: How many success have the literature
Thread poster: Montse P.
Montse P.
Spain
Member (2007)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 16, 2008

I think that the most of people believe in literature but they not know what is literature.
For exemple I work every day very hart. The most of people are happy with your Work but when they have a free day and They think a little more, they needed a good book other a good film. That is literature

Direct link Reply with quote

Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:30
German to English
Literature Jun 16, 2008

Hi Montse - you have brought up one of my favorite topics: good books, good films, good art. The trouble is, everybody has a different idea of what constitutes a good book or what literature is. Millions of people think Stephen King is a great author. I tried him once and had an awful, empty feeling in my stomach when I had finished. I felt as though I had been sinfully wasting valuable time that I could have used for something really good, like the book I'm reading now: "The Long Day Wanes, A Malayan Trilogy" by Anthony Burgess.

What's your idea of a good book?

Kim

Montse P.
Spain
Member (2007)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
One thousend children from Erika Mann Jun 17, 2008

I was in Germany with a learning help and there I have found this book.
It handel about the second war and how so children are died.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How many success have the literature

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs