Off topic: How many success have the literature
Thread poster: Montse P.
Montse P.
Spain
Member (2007)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 16, 2008

I think that the most of people believe in literature but they not know what is literature.
For exemple I work every day very hart. The most of people are happy with your Work but when they have a free day and They think a little more, they needed a good book other a good film. That is literature

Direct link Reply with quote

Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 22:20
German to English
Literature Jun 16, 2008

Hi Montse - you have brought up one of my favorite topics: good books, good films, good art. The trouble is, everybody has a different idea of what constitutes a good book or what literature is. Millions of people think Stephen King is a great author. I tried him once and had an awful, empty feeling in my stomach when I had finished. I felt as though I had been sinfully wasting valuable time that I could have used for something really good, like the book I'm reading now: "The Long Day Wanes, A Malayan Trilogy" by Anthony Burgess.

What's your idea of a good book?

Kim

Montse P.
Spain
Member (2007)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
One thousend children from Erika Mann Jun 17, 2008

I was in Germany with a learning help and there I have found this book.
It handel about the second war and how so children are died.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How many success have the literature

Advanced search

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs