https://www.proz.com/forum/literature_poetry/121747-the_most_beautiful_book_in_the_world.html

The most beautiful book in the world: Michelangelo: La Dotta Mano
Thread poster: texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:01
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 27, 2008

Michelangelo: La Dotta Mano

Here you can see the inside of the book.

[Edited at 2008-11-27 16:20 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2013-07-31 08:35 GMT]

Maria Ondarcuhu
Maria Ondarcuhu
Local time: 08:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
The best Nov 27, 2008

Thank you very much for giving us such a marvellous link. It is a must
Moni

Francesca Pesce
Francesca Pesce  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:01
English to Italian
+ ...
Splendido! Nov 28, 2008

Sono senza parole: mi viene solo da dire che è splendido.

un abbraccio

Fra

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:01
Member (2004)
English to Italian
ahhhhh... Nov 28, 2008

very nice!

G

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
German to English
+ ...
Oh my. Nov 28, 2008

What a delightful work of digital art. The navigation is unique.

Arnaud HERVE
Arnaud HERVE  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Bad reply Nov 30, 2008

Ok I'll be the bad guy...

1) This book is better than average art books but, considering the price, not that better

2) The real life in arts consists in seeing the works themselves, and consulting average books about the works in libraries.

Consequently, you'd better spend the money on going directly to Florence, and then borrow what you need in your local library.

This book is a nonsense: it makes the doc a work of art instead of enticing read
... See more

1) This book is better than average art books but, considering the price, not that better

2) The real life in arts consists in seeing the works themselves, and consulting average books about the works in libraries.

Consequently, you'd better spend the money on going directly to Florence, and then borrow what you need in your local library.

This book is a nonsense: it makes the doc a work of art instead of enticing readers to consider the original work, and understand properly the useful relationship between reference and referred to.

And a big bucks affair above all...

Yep. So I say
Collapse

juvera
juvera  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
But consider the size and the weight of it! Dec 2, 2008

Arnaud HERVE wrote:

This book is a nonsense: it makes the doc a work of art instead of enticing readers to consider the original work, and understand properly the useful relationship between reference and referred to.

And a big bucks affair above all...

Yep. So I say

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
This is what I call a beautiful book... Dec 3, 2008

"Il Viaggio degli Argonauti alla Conquista del Vello D'Oro", by Giovanni Caselli, 1990. It is a children's book in a certain sense, but what a book!

Those of you who live in Italy should be able to find it in bookstores. There are also translations of it (I have both the Italian and Spanish editions). Any work by Giovanni Caselli is really great illustration stuff.

As for the book in discussion... yes, some nice and elegant design and photography work was done in the bo
... See more
"Il Viaggio degli Argonauti alla Conquista del Vello D'Oro", by Giovanni Caselli, 1990. It is a children's book in a certain sense, but what a book!

Those of you who live in Italy should be able to find it in bookstores. There are also translations of it (I have both the Italian and Spanish editions). Any work by Giovanni Caselli is really great illustration stuff.

As for the book in discussion... yes, some nice and elegant design and photography work was done in the book, but I find it a bit uninteresting to be honest. If I was to buy a book about Michelangelo's work, I would prefer longer and more detailed explanations and pictures depicting the full pieces as well as the details. Furthermore, the covers make it the kind of book you don't open yourself often, but only when you have a visitor...
Collapse

SarK0Y
SarK0Y
Russian to English
i will not be bad human:)) Jan 12, 2009

nice work, about critical remarks i say one thing: No of Limit to Perfection;-)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The most beautiful book in the world: Michelangelo: La Dotta Mano

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »