Mobile menu

volunteers needed
Thread poster: fidaa2007

Local time: 23:44
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 12, 2008

For those who are interested in poetry translation from Arabic to English.
I'm a translation master student, in the phase of writing my thesis. the subject of my study is about the translatability of allusions as one type of intertextuality in the poetry of the Iraqi poet Badr Shakir Al Sayyab. In my study, the data must be presented to different translators to find out the strategies preffered by translators when they attemp to render these allusions from Arabic into English. the data is about 1000 words and the translators names are going to be indicated with information about them in the study.
I'll be more than happy and grateful if you accept participating with me in this project.
thank you all.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

volunteers needed

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs