https://www.proz.com/forum/literature_poetry/20690-a_poem_by_forgotten_polish_poet.html

A poem by forgotten polish poet.
Thread poster: Marek Urban
Marek Urban
Marek Urban  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:15
English to Polish
+ ...
Apr 27, 2004

I would like to present a poem by Boleslaw Lesmian, much forgotten at schools nowadays and, as far as I know, never translated into any language for his innovative word approach.
I will appreciate any comments on the poem itself, as well as on my modest translation.

Desire

I'd like to have a hut in the wild forest density,
Made of firewood and a forest's scarcity.
Hanged high among old branches pinions,
Over jaguar caves and snake
... See more
I would like to present a poem by Boleslaw Lesmian, much forgotten at schools nowadays and, as far as I know, never translated into any language for his innovative word approach.
I will appreciate any comments on the poem itself, as well as on my modest translation.

Desire

I'd like to have a hut in the wild forest density,
Made of firewood and a forest's scarcity.
Hanged high among old branches pinions,
Over jaguar caves and snake's canyons.
There, on moss, swung with a mad storm,
I'd like to have a maid - strange and warm.
Eat her breast, wounded with my teeth,
And kiss her face - given as a feast;
Hear the storm around my sinful indulge.
A thunderbolt dying noiselessly at large.
Roaring beasts, with our bodies' smell attracted.
Ruptured bodies, elevated, in the spasm contracted.
And there, through an accidental among branches hole,
I'd like to look into the night and stars that glow.
And take for god - any brightness in the sky.
And on the girl's bosom wait over the night.
But welcome the sun with a howl, scream and cry.
Live blindfolded, not knowing the Life.
And laughing boldly at the sky one night,
Not knowing redemption or prayer nor fright,
Like a fruit which devouring jaw awaits,
Fall into death darkness with rumble and yells.
Collapse

Agua
Agua  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
There is music on his poems :-). Apr 27, 2004

Hello,

Being the ignorant brat that I am, I had never heard of him (and my Polish is non-existent, except that I know there are a bunch of 's' sounds. I got curious, and there is a music based on his music, you can find it at http://www.divas.org.uk/yatoo.aif

You can also here about 10 seconds of the cello music
... See more
Hello,

Being the ignorant brat that I am, I had never heard of him (and my Polish is non-existent, except that I know there are a bunch of 's' sounds. I got curious, and there is a music based on his music, you can find it at http://www.divas.org.uk/yatoo.aif

You can also here about 10 seconds of the cello music and about 6 words of the poem ...

Good luck,
Mar
Collapse

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:15
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Marvelous Apr 29, 2004

Dear Marek,
I just had a chance to read this poem and I think it is marvelous. The music provided by Mar added upon it too. Thanks for putting it here and thank you for your translation (without it I wouldn't be able to understand this poem). I always admire those translators who translate poems, they are a real challenge.
Thank you again,
Monika

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A poem by forgotten polish poet.

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »