ProZ.com global directory of translation services
 The translation workplace
Ideas

User
Thread poster: mlezana
Need help finding a book in English that has not been translated into Spanish yet

mlezana
Argentina
Local time: 06:47
Sep 5, 2013

Hello, I'm studying English and for my thesis I have to translate a book written in English into Spanish but the condition is that the book had not to be translated into Spanish before.
Do you know where can I find a book?
Thanks, Marcela

Direct link Reply with quote

Martina Fink  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 22:47
German to English
Some ideas Sep 5, 2013

I know that House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski hasn't been translated into Spanish yet, but I wouldn't wish that translation upon anybody

You might want to consider self-published novels or books from independent publishers. I don't have any specific books in mind but a bit of research on Google should suffice! Otherwise just pick an English book or author that you like and check if Spanish translations exist. Google is your friend.

[Edited at 2013-09-05 21:22 GMT]

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:47
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Clarence D. Ussher: An American Physician in Turkey Sep 6, 2013

This was published 1918 but to my knowledge has not been translated into other languages. I self-published my German translation last year. Copies can be requested from Sternedale Classics.

mlezana
Argentina
Local time: 06:47
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks you! Sep 6, 2013

mlezana wrote:

Hello, I'm studying English and for my thesis I have to translate a book written in English into Spanish but the condition is that the book has not been translated into Spanish yet.
Do you know where can I find a book?
Thanks, Marcela

Texte Style
Local time: 10:47
French to English
Only you know what you like Sep 6, 2013

Why don't you start at home? Find something you would enjoy translating and see if it has been translated. That way at least it'll be fun for you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help finding a book in English that has not been translated into Spanish yet

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm Extract 2014
Save time by automatically extracting terms. Save 15% on ProZ.com

SDL MultiTerm Extract 2014 allows you to automatically create candidate term lists from your existing documentation. This removes the manual effort involved with traditional terminology creation, allowing you to rapidly add terms to SDL MultiTerm.

More info »