Help with translation of a Christian Song into Spanish
Thread poster: Heather Chinchilla

Heather Chinchilla
United States
Local time: 16:35
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 8, 2006

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not. I translate and interpret at church, which I am very comfortable doing.

I've been asked to translate songs, which I'm not as comfortable doing, but willing to try! I translated one song no problem, but I'm really stuck on a song called "Give Thanks".

It has pretty simple lyrics, but I think it requires a lot of creativity in order to make it rhyme, have the right amount of syllables, and not change the meaning too much.

I'm not a musician and don't really have a "musical ear" and I'm don't usually do literary translations, so I'm pretty stuck.

I was wondering if anyone sings this song (in Spanish) at their church and would be willing to share the lyrics? If not, could anyone give me any ideas on translating this song, please?

Here are the lyrics:

Give Thanks

Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks unto the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son

And now let the weak say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us"

Direct link Reply with quote

Nina Engberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:35
English to Swedish
+ ...
Is this link helpful? Oct 8, 2006

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/christian-community/876-english-worship-song-in-spanish-translation-7.html

It's almost at the bottom of the page. It looks like this crowd might be helpful with future translations as well!

Thank you for reminding me of this song, BTW. It's such a nice one -- I've been sitting here singing the song to myself

Timothy Barton
Local time: 21:35
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
I've heard it before... Oct 9, 2006

I've heard it sung in Spanish, but not in my church. I can try and find the translation.

Timothy Barton
Local time: 21:35
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
PS Oct 9, 2006

Does anyone else think this song sounds like "Go West" by the Pet Shop Boys?

vero1998
English to Spanish
Here is your translation for Give Thanks Oct 30, 2006

Heather Chinchilla wrote:

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not. I translate and interpret at church, which I am very comfortable doing.

I've been asked to translate songs, which I'm not as comfortable doing, but willing to try! I translated one song no problem, but I'm really stuck on a song called "Give Thanks".

It has pretty simple lyrics, but I think it requires a lot of creativity in order to make it rhyme, have the right amount of syllables, and not change the meaning too much.

I'm not a musician and don't really have a "musical ear" and I'm don't usually do literary translations, so I'm pretty stuck.

I was wondering if anyone sings this song (in Spanish) at their church and would be willing to share the lyrics? If not, could anyone give me any ideas on translating this song, please?

Here are the lyrics:

Give Thanks

The translation is:

// Mil Gracias
Yo te doy, Senor
Mil gracias
De mi corazon
Mil gracias
Porque me ha dado
A Jesus por mi //

// Y hoy el debil diga
fuerte soy
El pobre diga
libre soy
por lo que Dios ha hecho por mi
Y en mi //

frank46
United States
Local time: 13:35
we sing it at our church in spanish and i'l get it for you soon as go to church in the morning ok Apr 18, 2010

Heather Chinchilla wrote:

Here are the lyrics:

Give Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with translation of a Christian Song into Spanish

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs