Xavier Lecomte
Xavier Lecomte  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:55
Member (2020)
English
+ ...
Oct 19, 2002

I\'ve got a question for the classically-educated. I\'m designing a logo for a company and they want a sentence in latin to say:

\"Your Healthcare Alternative...for a lifetime of wellness.\"

Can anyone figure this one out?

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 10:55
SITE FOUNDER
Try using InstanJobs (or KudoZ) Oct 20, 2002

If this is a paid job, I recommend using the InstantJobs form: http://www.proz.com/?sp=ijp

Otherwise, you will get the best results using the KudoZ tool.

http://www.proz.com/?sp=k

Marisapad
Marisapad  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:55
English to Italian
+ ...
Why not looking for an already-existing sentence? Oct 20, 2002

I\'m not a Latin expert and don\'t actively work with the Latin language, but… I would heartily suggest to your customer NOT to try to translate a \"modern, English-born and English-thought slogan\" into Latin.

Either they find a sentence born in Latin that can do the job, or they forget the Latin language.

Of course this is my personal opinion only!

Ciao

Marisa

Marcela García Henríquez
Marcela García Henríquez
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Better not to translate a modern language into an ancient language Oct 20, 2002

I would rather not translate a modern English sentence into Latin, specially a marketing logo for a Company.

Most Latin comes from ancient texts and I think the result of translating that English sentence into Latin would be rather strange.

I agree with Marisa, why not trying to find a Latin phrase like Universities and other associations do?

Good luck,

Marcela

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Latin help!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »