Mobile menu

Latin help!
Thread poster: Xavier Lecomte

Xavier Lecomte  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:39
+ ...
Oct 19, 2002

I\'ve got a question for the classically-educated. I\'m designing a logo for a company and they want a sentence in latin to say:

\"Your Healthcare Alternative...for a lifetime of wellness.\"

Can anyone figure this one out?

Direct link
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 09:39
Try using InstanJobs (or KudoZ) Oct 20, 2002

If this is a paid job, I recommend using the InstantJobs form:

Otherwise, you will get the best results using the KudoZ tool.

Direct link

Marisapad  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:39
English to Italian
+ ...
Why not looking for an already-existing sentence? Oct 20, 2002

I\'m not a Latin expert and don\'t actively work with the Latin language, but… I would heartily suggest to your customer NOT to try to translate a \"modern, English-born and English-thought slogan\" into Latin.

Either they find a sentence born in Latin that can do the job, or they forget the Latin language.

Of course this is my personal opinion only!

Direct link

Marcela García  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Better not to translate a modern language into an ancient language Oct 20, 2002

I would rather not translate a modern English sentence into Latin, specially a marketing logo for a Company.

Most Latin comes from ancient texts and I think the result of translating that English sentence into Latin would be rather strange.

I agree with Marisa, why not trying to find a Latin phrase like Universities and other associations do?

Good luck,

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Latin help!

Advanced search

Translation news

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs