Mobile menu

Fridtjof Nansen - anyone have his books in English and German?
Thread poster: Gillian Searl

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:50
Member (2004)
German to English
Nov 13, 2007

Hi!
I realise this is a very long shot. But does anyone have the German and English versions of Fridtjof Nansen's book Farthest North/In Nacht und Eis from 1897. I have a quote and they would like the original version (which was obviously translated from Norwegian!):

"So fuhren wir dann, meist bei schönem Wetter, seltener in Regen und Nebel, zwischen Sunden und Inseln hindurch längs der norwegischen Küste nach Norden. Welch herrliches Land! I’d like to know whether there is a waterway anywhere in the world that is like this one."

Thanks
Gillian

Direct link Reply with quote

Hilde Granlund  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 08:50
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Amazon Nov 13, 2007

has it, at least:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Farthest-North-Voyage-Exploration-1893-96/dp/1841582174/ref=sr_1_10/203-3536892-2546369?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194940837&sr=1-10

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fridtjof Nansen - anyone have his books in English and German?

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs