Website on contemporary German literature
Thread poster: Niraja Nanjundan
Niraja Nanjundan  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:20
German to English
Feb 7, 2008

I came across a website today with reviews of recently published contemporary works by authors from Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The site may be of particular interest to those of you interested in literary translation from German to English as it lists books that have been recommended by a panel of British literary experts for translation into English and tells you where to apply for translation rights.

Here's the link:

http://www.new-books-in-german.com

Direct link Reply with quote

Wenjer Leuschel  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 10:50
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you very much! Feb 7, 2008

Thank you very much, Niraja!

The link is very nice for me to know what have been published in Germany. Some publishers in my country are interested in German publication and they have been asking me for sources. With the link you provide, I am more aware of the business now. Thank you!

- Wenjer

Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:50
German to English
+ ...
Wonderful! Feb 7, 2008

Although I do not do literary translations, I just wanted to commend you on sharing this with the translating community.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Website on contemporary German literature

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums