Mobile menu

localization - terminology
Thread poster: Maria Castro

Maria Castro  Identity Verified
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...

Jun 5, 2008

I've downloaded the file "proz_common_eng_ept" in order to translate it, but I need to know what "comm" stands for. Is it "community", "common" or other?
What about "set"? what's the context?

Direct link Reply with quote

Lively Words  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Terminology for localization Jun 5, 2008

Dear Maria,

In the file "proz_common_eng_ept" "common" refers simply to the most common areas of the site.

The site glossary describes the terminology used at and can be found in your team forum and from the homepage by clicking on: "About" and then on "site glossary"

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

localization - terminology

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs