Mobile menu

gif and shockwave files
Thread poster: stephbell

Local time: 16:30
English to French
+ ...
Aug 26, 2008

Dear colleagues,

A direct client has asked me to translate his website. All similar projects I have done so far, were through translation agencies, who have always provided me with HTMLs that I have translated in TagEditor.

This time, I have received GIF and Shockwave files besides the usual HTMLs. I was wondering if there was a simple GIF editor available on the Web (those GIF files just reproduce the buttons - Welcome, Contact, etc.)? Also, can someone tell me what is the best way to localize SFW files? Or maybe I should leave that up to the client?

In anticipation, thank you for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:30
Member (2005)
German to Spanish
To translate Aug 26, 2008

The Buttons and SWFs you will need the complete "Site", also, the Webmaster Folder, where you could change the text in the buttons, and if the FLA (SWF is just a "zipped" FLA file) is good made, the text should be in a txt file linked as XML to the "film".

The best is if the webmaster send to you as Excel file a list with the buttons, and the text inside SWFs as *.txt file.

[Edited at 2008-08-26 15:46]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

gif and shockwave files

Advanced search

Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs