Translating web content in Adobe Contribute UI?!
Thread poster: Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 09:53
English to Swedish
+ ...
Feb 11, 2009

Hi all,

A client is just starting to use Adobe Contribute to manage their multilingual web site.
Now there is a request that translators should log in and translate the content online, straight in the Adobe Contribute UI.

Has anyone else tried this?

I fear that there are no CAT functions in this tool, which would make it totally unsuitable for the task. We already have a TM for the client since earlier days.

Is there any export/import fea
... See more
Hi all,

A client is just starting to use Adobe Contribute to manage their multilingual web site.
Now there is a request that translators should log in and translate the content online, straight in the Adobe Contribute UI.

Has anyone else tried this?

I fear that there are no CAT functions in this tool, which would make it totally unsuitable for the task. We already have a TM for the client since earlier days.

Is there any export/import feature in Contribute, short of cut/pasting the text box by box switching over to Trados?

My understanding is that the client is somehow using Dreamweaver on their side. Wouldn't it be possible for them to just send HTML files? Or are there any inherent benefits for them using Contribute instead?

/J
Collapse

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:53
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Integration with MS Office - worth exploring Feb 11, 2009

Hi Jan

I haven't used Contribute myself, but my understanding is that it is a tool to help people updating their websites content, but does not offer any specific features for translators and traslating tasks.

It does offer integration with MS Office, and a button to publish directly from Office applications (according to
... See more
Hi Jan

I haven't used Contribute myself, but my understanding is that it is a tool to help people updating their websites content, but does not offer any specific features for translators and traslating tasks.

It does offer integration with MS Office, and a button to publish directly from Office applications (according to http://www.adobe.com/products/contribute/printable_overview.html), so maybe this could be used to integrate with Trados as well. The best thing would to test this out with a small file and work out the best approach with your client.

I know, this does not help much...
cheers,
Roberta
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating web content in Adobe Contribute UI?!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »