Sisulizer localization tool - functions
Thread poster: One Planet
One Planet
One Planet
Local time: 23:26
Arabic to English
+ ...
Feb 23, 2009

I'm a Project Manager and a potential new client has asked us to quote some help files using the Sisulizer localization tool. Therefore, I'm trying to learn a little about this tool. We have been given the free edition of the software.

If there is a repetition in separate files, how do you get the translation to appear across the files?

How do you use any TM in the files or this what they call the translation engine?

Can translators using the free version i
... See more
I'm a Project Manager and a potential new client has asked us to quote some help files using the Sisulizer localization tool. Therefore, I'm trying to learn a little about this tool. We have been given the free edition of the software.

If there is a repetition in separate files, how do you get the translation to appear across the files?

How do you use any TM in the files or this what they call the translation engine?

Can translators using the free version import and export the files in different formats?

Any feedback or information on this tool would be a great help. Thank you!

--Julianna
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 05:26
English to Czech
+ ...
Not much experience but... Feb 26, 2009

... AFAIK:
1. You can create a project in Sisulizer where you can import multiple files. During the localization process, Sisulizer will create a TM of its own and use it across these multiple files. So repetitions shouldn't be a problem.

2. I suppose TM is what they call the translation engine, but I'm not 100% sure about that one.

My question is, why use Sisulizer for help files at all? You can translate them much more easily in Trados or a similar CAT tool.
... See more
... AFAIK:
1. You can create a project in Sisulizer where you can import multiple files. During the localization process, Sisulizer will create a TM of its own and use it across these multiple files. So repetitions shouldn't be a problem.

2. I suppose TM is what they call the translation engine, but I'm not 100% sure about that one.

My question is, why use Sisulizer for help files at all? You can translate them much more easily in Trados or a similar CAT tool.

As for localization projects, I am a very, that is VERY, satisfied user of RC WinTrans. IMO, it's by far the best localization tool available and definitely worth the investment. BTW, much better integration of Trados than by Passolo (now owned by SDL; what a paradox!).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sisulizer localization tool - functions

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »