Wordlab TLS
Wordlab TLS  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 30, 2004

Hi,

I have both the Catalyst and Passolo the lite versions for freelance translators. I haven't used them yet, but I hope to do so in the future.

In the meantime, I would like to know the main differences between the two and which one you like more.

Also, is it necessary to buy the full version or is it ok to work with the lite one? I have SDLX Lite and the agencies that work with SDLX just prepare the files for me and that's it. Trados is the tool I use
... See more
Hi,

I have both the Catalyst and Passolo the lite versions for freelance translators. I haven't used them yet, but I hope to do so in the future.

In the meantime, I would like to know the main differences between the two and which one you like more.

Also, is it necessary to buy the full version or is it ok to work with the lite one? I have SDLX Lite and the agencies that work with SDLX just prepare the files for me and that's it. Trados is the tool I use on a daily basis and I only use SDLX when the client asks me to do so, so I don't see why I would buy the full version of that program, for instance. That's why I am asking...

Thank you for your time!
Diana
Collapse

celtanc
celtanc
English
Re: About Catalyst and Passolo Oct 4, 2004

ripley wrote:
I would like to know the main differences between the two and which one you like more.

Both are doing their job - but I\'ve chosen Passolo, because
- it\'s much easier to use
- it\'s faster
- it\'s cheaper.

But the main reason for me is Pasolo\'s unbelievable scripting language, which allows me to customise and automate it in many ways.

Another point is the great support you get from the PASSOLO guys - knowing from other forums the Catalyst\'s support is very poor.

Hope\' this helps a little...

Erich Schildhauer
Erich Schildhauer
German to English
+ ...
Comparison between PASSOLO and Catalyst Nov 3, 2004

Diana wrote:
I have both the Catalyst and Passolo...
...I would like to know the main differences between the two and which one you like more.

You might want to check out this comparison of different features between the newest versions of PASSOLO, Catalyst and other localization tools.

http://www.passolo.com/en/comparison.htm

It's not exactly comprehensive but offers some interesting insight for consideration and evaluation. And they offer a set of sample applications for testing.

Good luck
Erich

Miguel Marqués
Miguel Marqués  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thesis on Catalyst and Passolo Mar 14, 2005

Hi everyone!!

I am a Spanish translator finishing postrgaduate studies in localisation at ISTI, Brussels.

I am considering focusing my thesis on a comparation between Catalyst and Passolo...

Have you guys heard of any piece of job on this topic on linea or anywhere else? What do you think of the idea? Any comments?

Thank you very much for your feedback!!!

Miguel Marqués

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

About Catalyst and Passolo

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »