Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:45
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 11, 2004

Following on from http://www.proz.com/topic/23054, here is a special "useful links" topic, to which the following criteria will apply:

1. Pls use this thread to post any useful link or tool, pertinent to Localization. The idea is to have a single point of reference to make tracking easier.

2. The subject of each post will have a brief description of the tool/link provided.
... See more
Following on from http://www.proz.com/topic/23054, here is a special "useful links" topic, to which the following criteria will apply:

1. Pls use this thread to post any useful link or tool, pertinent to Localization. The idea is to have a single point of reference to make tracking easier.

2. The subject of each post will have a brief description of the tool/link provided.

3. Each post will have as body the link itself, followed by a concise and to-the-point description of the link/tool. It might be useful to include also a keywords paragraph, including any keyword that would be useful for forum searches.

4. No discussion will be allowed in this topic (including no "thank you - that's great" kind of replies). To discuss any specific link/tool, a separate topic will be opened. To give easy access to such discussion, the poster of the original link can edit his post by adding a reference to any related discussion topic.

5. Of course, as per Proz.com rules, no advertising will be allowed.

6. Any comment/feedback about this thread should be posted in http://www.proz.com/topic/23054.

Enjoy!
Roberta
Collapse

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:45
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
dotNet Ressource File Translator/Localizer Tool Oct 11, 2004

This is a software tool that can be used to translate/localize dotNet resource files (.resx). We had it written to help us with some big contracts that involved hundreds of dotNet resource files. I worked nicely for us and I would love to get the opinion of colleagues that work in the same area about its usefulness.

It allows you to view:

• The complete resource file,

• A table with just the terms that need to be translated,
an indication
... See more
This is a software tool that can be used to translate/localize dotNet resource files (.resx). We had it written to help us with some big contracts that involved hundreds of dotNet resource files. I worked nicely for us and I would love to get the opinion of colleagues that work in the same area about its usefulness.

It allows you to view:

• The complete resource file,

• A table with just the terms that need to be translated,
an indication what it is (e.g. menu item, label etc.)
and the (already entered) translation.

• In the case where the resource is a Windows form it
also displays the form to allow you to check e.g. if
the string length is okay etc.

It does in its current version not allow you to edit resources that are included in dlls or executable files.

The program requires the dotNet Framework Ver. 1.1.

I have not yet finished the documentation, but it will be finished before the end of October.

If you are interested in the tool, contact me via my profile.

Siegfried

KEYWORDS
dotNet resource file translation program, Framework Ver. 1.1, table view, form view, source strings, target strings
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Useful links

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »