Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
How to display Chinese characters (in HTML) on European computers?
Thread poster: Stefanie Sendelbach
Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:43
German to Spanish
Flash text Apr 11, 2005

Flash text is not so "heavy" and you can insert better fonts as the typically used to give a more professional image.

Rgds

Toledo

[Edited at 2005-04-11 20:04]

Tsu Dho Nimh
Tsu Dho Nimh
Local time: 21:43
English
The people who can read Chinese have the fonts already May 4, 2005

[quote]sundari wrote:

"I would not want interested clients to first have to install the Windows Language Pack for Asian fonts. I can imagine that it would be too troublesome for them. At least I wouldn't do it if I were a client browsing the net looking for a potential translation agency to work with."

Suggestion: Place a notice on top of the Chinese pages, or at least next to the link to the page, that informs them they need to have Chinese fonts installed to read the page.

My idea is that if they already read Chinese, they will probably have Chinese fonts installed. If they don't read Chinese, installing the fonts will not help them evaluate your ability.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to display Chinese characters (in HTML) on European computers?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »