https://www.proz.com/forum/localization/39066-interesting_articles_on_xliff_and_indesign.html

Interesting articles on XLIFF and InDesign
Thread poster: Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:54
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 16, 2005

Two interesting articles in the latest issue of Multilingual Computing & Technology magazine:

- Options for editing an XLIFF file, by Martin Wunderlich -- A comparative overview of available tools and methods

- Localizing InDesign Documents, by Uwe Scholz & Roman Kotzsch -- Conversion tools and processes used in this desktop publishing product

Both articles are clear and comprehensive, and I found them both interesting and useful.

Happy reading
... See more
Two interesting articles in the latest issue of Multilingual Computing & Technology magazine:

- Options for editing an XLIFF file, by Martin Wunderlich -- A comparative overview of available tools and methods

- Localizing InDesign Documents, by Uwe Scholz & Roman Kotzsch -- Conversion tools and processes used in this desktop publishing product

Both articles are clear and comprehensive, and I found them both interesting and useful.

Happy reading
Roberta
Collapse

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:54
English to Spanish
Links for on-line reading Nov 16, 2005

Roberta Anderson wrote:

Hi Roberta,

Could you post links to the articles for on-line reading?

Best regards,
Rodolfo

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:54
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not (yet?) available online Nov 16, 2005

Hi Rodolfo,

you are right, it would be useful
I checked their website (www.multilingual.com), but could not find them there; I could only find articles from previous issues, so they may become available at a later date...

For future reference: the articles I mentioned above are from issue #76 (Volume 16 Issue 8)... See more
Hi Rodolfo,

you are right, it would be useful
I checked their website (www.multilingual.com), but could not find them there; I could only find articles from previous issues, so they may become available at a later date...

For future reference: the articles I mentioned above are from issue #76 (Volume 16 Issue 8)

Sorry!
Roberta

[Edited at 2005-11-16 11:34]
Collapse

Martin Wunderlich
Martin Wunderlich
Local time: 17:54
English to German
+ ...
Note of thanks and related material Nov 18, 2005

Hi Roberta,

Thank you for the reference to the article. I am very glad to hear that it was interesting. Actually, I am amazed to see that someone's read it. I thought it might be a bit of a minority interest.

Just to point out that there is some additional material available in the download section of my website www.martinwunderlich.com, for instance a customised XML filter for XLIFF files that will allow you to edit them using Deja Vu.

Best regards,

Martin

Roberta Anderson wrote:

Happy reading
Roberta

Mohamed
Mohamed  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:54
English to Arabic
+ ...
Thanks Martin Feb 13, 2006

Martin Wunderlich wrote:

Hi Roberta,

Thank you for the reference to the article. I am very glad to hear that it was interesting. Actually, I am amazed to see that someone's read it. I thought it might be a bit of a minority interest.

Just to point out that there is some additional material available in the download section of my website www.martinwunderlich.com, for instance a customised XML filter for XLIFF files that will allow you to edit them using Deja Vu.

Best regards,

Martin

It was actually very usful.
Thanks!
Mohamed

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interesting articles on XLIFF and InDesign

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »