https://www.proz.com/forum/localization/46075-software_file_translation_rules.html

software file translation rules
Thread poster: maraguablu
maraguablu
maraguablu
Local time: 17:50
Italian to German
+ ...
Apr 28, 2006

Where can I find general RC file translation rules and general software translation rules and Microsoft translation style guide?

Thanks a lot.

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 17:50
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
two useful hints and URLs Apr 28, 2006

the Microsoft glossary:

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/msdn/newup/glossary
it allows you check for correct (microsoft-correct at least) terms in the target language

Tortoise tagger

www.accurussian.net/tagger.htm

in case you work
... See more
the Microsoft glossary:

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/msdn/newup/glossary
it allows you check for correct (microsoft-correct at least) terms in the target language

Tortoise tagger

www.accurussian.net/tagger.htm

in case you work with Wordfast or similar and have to fight RC syntax

re styling - I got 26M hits on "elements of programming style", so I assume what you need has been said over and over again - somewhere.

All the best

smo
Collapse

Daniel García
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Which guide? Apr 28, 2006

maraguablu wrote:

d Microsoft translation style guide?

Thanks a lot. [/quote]

Which style guide? Microsoft has several style guides in their web. They have one for creating icons, another for the design of websites, some others for developing software...

If it's for translation, for which language? I know the Spanish one was only provided by Microsoft to their vendors. If you are involved in a project for Microsoft, you should be able to get it from the person who assigned you the job.

The version for English, can be purchased from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/6074.asp

Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

software file translation rules

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »