Off topic: TM merge was very funny
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 19:34
English to German
+ ...
Jun 27, 2006

Hi! today I have merged various TMs ( sub-classified as per disciplines) into one of the same language combination. It took some time and later I wanted to test the new construction, with all the placeables etc., the results are stunningly funny. It is not that I canßt get the good result back, but I was more wondering the human-machine interaction. The whole morning since last evening I was trying to streamline this issue, and the TM suggestions are ever getting funnier than ever. I was using ... See more
Hi! today I have merged various TMs ( sub-classified as per disciplines) into one of the same language combination. It took some time and later I wanted to test the new construction, with all the placeables etc., the results are stunningly funny. It is not that I canßt get the good result back, but I was more wondering the human-machine interaction. The whole morning since last evening I was trying to streamline this issue, and the TM suggestions are ever getting funnier than ever. I was using Trados 7.0. I suggest a funny forum. At least that would be somewhat relaxing. BTW this is supposed to be an off-topic issue.Best Brandis

[Edited at 2006-06-27 07:35]
Collapse

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:34
English to Polish
+ ...
Some examples please :) Jun 27, 2006

So that I can laugh at something when I burn midnight oil today.

Regards,

Piotr

P.S. I will understand German to English examples better.

[Edited at 2006-06-27 19:55]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM merge was very funny

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »