Japanese character corruption in Help's (.hhk) keyword search headings
Thread poster: xxxKeisuke
xxxKeisuke
English to Japanese
Nov 8, 2006

Can someone give me some advice on character corruption in keyword search heading in Help file (.hhk)? The original files are created by FrameMaker and I used WebWork Publisher to compile those files.

When I clicked those corrupted headings, it leads to a page without any corruption.

Thanks!


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxKeisuke
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Error in my question:HTML Help Workshop, not WebWork Publisher. Nov 9, 2006

I mean "HTML Help Workshop", not "WebWork Publisher".

Thanks!

Keisuke wrote:

Can someone give me some advice on character corruption in keyword search heading in Help file (.hhk)? The original files are created by FrameMaker and I used WebWork Publisher to compile those files.

When I clicked those corrupted headings, it leads to a page without any corruption.

Thanks!


Direct link Reply with quote
 
MITGrad
Local time: 05:05
English
.hhk Encoding? Nov 10, 2006

Keisuke wrote:

I mean "HTML Help Workshop", not "WebWork Publisher".

Thanks!

Keisuke wrote:

Can someone give me some advice on character corruption in keyword search heading in Help file (.hhk)? The original files are created by FrameMaker and I used WebWork Publisher to compile those files.

When I clicked those corrupted headings, it leads to a page without any corruption.

Thanks!


You will probably find the .hhk is UTF8 encoded which will cause the problem you are seeing, it needs to be native encoded, ShiftJIS for Japanese.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxKeisuke
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much for your advice. I will check the encoding. Nov 13, 2006

MITGrad wrote:

Keisuke wrote:

I mean "HTML Help Workshop", not "WebWork Publisher".

Thanks!

Keisuke wrote:

Can someone give me some advice on character corruption in keyword search heading in Help file (.hhk)? The original files are created by FrameMaker and I used WebWork Publisher to compile those files.

When I clicked those corrupted headings, it leads to a page without any corruption.

Thanks!


You will probably find the .hhk is UTF8 encoded which will cause the problem you are seeing, it needs to be native encoded, ShiftJIS for Japanese.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Japanese character corruption in Help's (.hhk) keyword search headings

Advanced search






PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs