Mobile menu

Localization tools
Thread poster: xxxwilliamson
xxxwilliamson
Local time: 13:49
Dutch to English
+ ...
Dec 5, 2002

If money is not a problem, which localisation tools would you buy and why? Please explain the plus and minus of your choice.

----


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Petra Herbst
Austria
Local time: 13:49
English to German
file types? Dec 6, 2002

it depends on the type of files you want to translate... usually trados (tag-editor) and passolo are a good thing to have!

Quote:


On 2002-12-05 13:32, williamson wrote:

If money is not a problem, which localisation tools would you buy and why? Please explain the plus and minus of your choice.

----



Direct link Reply with quote
 

RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 13:49
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Take a look on Passolo Dec 6, 2002

Hello,



you should take a look on Passolo,



The new version (comes in approx. 2 weeks) looks very good.



We often use RC-WinTrans, too.



Hans


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Beatrice T  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:49
Member (2010)
German to Italian
+ ...
RC - Win Trans May 7, 2003

I mainly use RC-WinTrans 7.0. I like it a lot. It is fully compatible with Trados, so it includes all functions

Options I appreciate most:

-Set re-check for items to be revised. Later, you can easily find marked items.

-Possibility to import/export texts in different formats (txt, xls, Trados TM) and to create glossaries choosing from many options

-Possibility to view only untranslated/changed segments

-Imported Trados 100%/fuzzy matches can be displayed in a different color

- Statistics tool

-Interface layout: very nice

Yet, I think it is a little complicated to get started with it.

You can download a demo version at http://www.schaudin.com/

I have used Corel Catalyst some times, but I find it less functional.

Bye!



Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxBrandis
Local time: 13:49
English to German
+ ...
fantastic tip thanks Feb 8, 2004

beatbeat wrote:

I mainly use RC-WinTrans 7.0. I like it a lot. It is fully compatible with Trados, so it includes all functions
Options I appreciate most:
-Set re-check for items to be revised. Later, you can easily find marked items.
-Possibility to import/export texts in different formats (txt, xls, Trados TM) and to create glossaries choosing from many options
-Possibility to view only untranslated/changed segments
-Imported Trados 100%/fuzzy matches can be displayed in a different color
- Statistics tool
-Interface layout: very nice
Yet, I think it is a little complicated to get started with it.
You can download a demo version at http://www.schaudin.com/
I have used Corel Catalyst some times, but I find it less functional.
Bye!
Hi! RC-Wintrans seems to be it. I have downloaded the trial immediately after reading this contribution, why I am already in a process of converting my Databses in 3 languages immediately. The UI is very good and detailed and oho with Java base, I think I have found a treasure here.
Thanks once again, brandis


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxBrandis
Local time: 13:49
English to German
+ ...
wintrans is a great tool. Feb 9, 2004

S.R. Bandi wrote:

beatbeat wrote:

I mainly use RC-WinTrans 7.0. I like it a lot. It is fully compatible with Trados, so it includes all functions
Options I appreciate most:
-Set re-check for items to be revised. Later, you can easily find marked items.
-Possibility to import/export texts in different formats (txt, xls, Trados TM) and to create glossaries choosing from many options
-Possibility to view only untranslated/changed segments
-Imported Trados 100%/fuzzy matches can be displayed in a different color
- Statistics tool
-Interface layout: very nice
Yet, I think it is a little complicated to get started with it.
You can download a demo version at http://www.schaudin.com/
I have used Corel Catalyst some times, but I find it less functional.
Bye!
Hi! RC-Wintrans seems to be it. I have downloaded the trial immediately after reading this contribution, why I am already in a process of converting my Databses in 3 languages immediately. The UI is very good and detailed and oho with Java base, I think I have found a treasure here.
Thanks once again, brandis
I could finish converting fully into English, one my old Database finished with a very complex interface for Construction calculation which later took the shape of a standalone programm. Now this is ready for sale. Thanks again. I am at auction sites.
brandis


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Localization tools

Advanced search






Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs