Mobile menu

Working for Apple - I wish
Thread poster: q
Mar 1, 2003

Hello there!

I\'m just wondering if anybody knows how Apple takes care of localizing their software. The reason is that I\'m a little Mac addict and kind of sick of my day job. I more or less live of localizing Microsoft software at a loc vendor.

So I wish there was a loc vendor that works for Apple in the same way many loc vendors work for Microsoft.

Or is Apple one of these companies that do localization in-house? If so where do they advertize vacancies? And do they also have a loc HQ in Ireland? I can\'t move to the US so I would hope so.

Thanks for any input on this matter.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stéphan Goldsmith
Local time: 19:48
English to French
+ ...
Apple Cork Mar 1, 2003

Apple has so called International Software Support teams which are to provide \"instructions and localization support to Apple\'s localization teams across the globe.\"

A quick search on Google confirmed that Apple seems to have a localization unit in its Cork (Ireland) manufacturing site.

Good luck

Jane Lamb-Ruiz  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
ADC Mar 1, 2003

The list for Apple developers would be able to answer your question. Also, there is a program to do it calle applegot.

Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:48
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Possible starting points Mar 1, 2003

Hi, q (what\'s your name?)

From the previous link I found this one:

Here you\'ll find 3 companies that offer special localization rates to Apple developers registered with ADC.

You might want to contact them, not as a developer buying their services but as a potential freelancer to add to their database.

What languages do you work with?

What sw applications do you have experience with?

Also, bear in mind that each software provider will have its own favourite localization partner. Is it just the Mac OS you are in love with, or a specific application? you might want to channel your search in the application direction, rather than just Apple.

Good luck,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working for Apple - I wish

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs