Thread poster: Vito Smolej

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 18:53
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Dec 22, 2007

I have 30+ l10n XLIFF files on my hand. The target text appears on some page on a site (you may know the site, the name starts with P and ends on a capital Z;).

If I locate an error in the translation somewhere, I need to find the file containing this string. Alas, the default system search - search for string "xyz" in *.xml - does not work. Probable culprit: the unicode - the files are in Unicode, and my search string "xyz" is not -.

A unicode-enabled grep for Windows XP anyone?

TiA

Vito

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 18:53
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
found what I was asking for Dec 22, 2007

A unicode-enabled grep for Windows XP anyone?

AstroGrep Windows File Searching Utility on sourceforge:

http://astrogrep.sourceforge.net/

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

default XP search through XLIFF files finds nothing

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs