MemoQ translator pro: 40% off until September 6th - How about yearly update fees?
Thread poster: Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:47
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 21, 2010

This is a question to Kilgray. In the news I see that from August 20th you sell MemoQ in the Latin American region with a discount of 40%. In the rest of the world, you offer the software with a discount of 40% until September 6th. The price I see in your website is USD 450 / EUR 362.

I think most colleagues looking at MemoQ as their possible next main tool will be interested in knowing whether the yearly fee for updates from the second year after the purchase (which is normally 20%
... See more
This is a question to Kilgray. In the news I see that from August 20th you sell MemoQ in the Latin American region with a discount of 40%. In the rest of the world, you offer the software with a discount of 40% until September 6th. The price I see in your website is USD 450 / EUR 362.

I think most colleagues looking at MemoQ as their possible next main tool will be interested in knowing whether the yearly fee for updates from the second year after the purchase (which is normally 20% of the price) will be based upon the regular price or the discounted price.

I.e., will the yearly update fee for the discounted purchases be US$ 90 or US$ 154 (20% of US$ 770)?
Collapse

István Lengyel
István Lengyel
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Upgrade fees are based on list prices Aug 21, 2010

Hi Tomás,

As described here, we provide the upgrade at list prices: http://kilgray.com/support/upgrade-policy

This means that the upgrade fee after a year is 20% of the list price, 620 euro/770 USD, or whatever that will be. We have absolutely no plans to increase the list price, it's just that keeping track of the upgrade fee for every individual translator would be a
... See more
Hi Tomás,

As described here, we provide the upgrade at list prices: http://kilgray.com/support/upgrade-policy

This means that the upgrade fee after a year is 20% of the list price, 620 euro/770 USD, or whatever that will be. We have absolutely no plans to increase the list price, it's just that keeping track of the upgrade fee for every individual translator would be a huge job on one hand, and on the other hand why would we continuously benefit people whom we have given a benefit already and leave the other customers in a disadvantageous position.

István
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Makes total sense to me! Aug 21, 2010

István Lengyel wrote:
This means that the upgrade fee after a year is 20% of the list price, 620 euro/770 USD, or whatever that will be. We have absolutely no plans to increase the list price, it's just that keeping track of the upgrade fee for every individual translator would be a huge job on one hand, and on the other hand why would we continuously benefit people whom we have given a benefit already and leave the other customers in a disadvantageous position.

This clarifies it all I reckon. Thank you very much István!

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:47
German to English
Upgrade fee makes sense Aug 21, 2010

István Lengyel wrote:

István

Not charging for upgrades was the mistake Atril made with DéjáVu/DVX. Apart from the fee to upgrade from DV to DVX, they provided ongoing fixes/upgrades over an extended period of time at no cost, which eventually became a disincentive to product development. It's good to see a software developer learning from the missteps of the competition.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ translator pro: 40% off until September 6th - How about yearly update fees?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »