How to reimport a two-column RTF file after editing?
Thread poster: Olaf Reibedanz
Olaf Reibedanz
Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 01:03
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Feb 3, 2015

Hi everybody,

I haven't used MemoQ for a while and my knowledge of the program has got a bit rusty. Can anybody tell me where I find the option to reimport an edited two-column RTF file? I have been looking all over the menu but couldn't find that option. I work with memoQ 2014, version 7.5.5 (translator pro).

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,

Olaf

LEXpert
LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Easy! Feb 3, 2015

Use the normal import option to select the edited rtf. When MemoQ realizes that it has the same name as a MemoQ file in your project, it will automatically select the "update 'yourfilename'" filter. Just click through options and your file is updated.

Minh Nguyen
Minh Nguyen  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 13:03
English to Vietnamese
See the pics Feb 3, 2015

Olaf Reibedanz wrote:

Hi everybody,

I haven't used MemoQ for a while and my knowledge of the program has got a bit rusty. Can anybody tell me where I find the option to reimport an edited two-column RTF file? I have been looking all over the menu but couldn't find that option. I work with memoQ 2014, version 7.5.5 (translator pro).

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,

Olaf

1. Choose the Import With Options

2. After selecting the rtf file you will see this dialog. Choose the right file from list box (red rectangle)

Olaf Reibedanz
Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot for your help! Sep 16, 2015

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to reimport a two-column RTF file after editing?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »