Mónica Algazi
Mónica Algazi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 21:34
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
Mar 28, 2015

Hi colleagues,

I am about to complete a Spanish translation in memoQ. What steps am I supposed to take in order to obtain a monolingual text in Spanish, do the final corrections and send it to the client?

Sorry for asking such a silly question, but it's the very first time I dare to tackle a full project with this CAT tool

Thanks in advance,

Mónica

Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:34
English to Russian
+ ...
Are you working locally or on your client's MemoQ server? Mar 28, 2015

If you're working locally, right-click each translated document in the Project view and select 'Export (dialog)'. Then choose the folder, specify the name for the target file, and click OK. MemoQ will generate the target files for you in that folder.

If you're working on your client's MemoQ server, right-click each translated document in the Project view and select 'Deliver/return'. Your client will receive confirmation of this action and be able to pass the document on to the next
... See more
If you're working locally, right-click each translated document in the Project view and select 'Export (dialog)'. Then choose the folder, specify the name for the target file, and click OK. MemoQ will generate the target files for you in that folder.

If you're working on your client's MemoQ server, right-click each translated document in the Project view and select 'Deliver/return'. Your client will receive confirmation of this action and be able to pass the document on to the next step (review/proofreading), as well as export it as they see fit.
Collapse

Mónica Algazi
Uruguay
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
On my own memoQ Mar 28, 2015

I'll follow your instructions and will let you know if I need any further help.
Thanks, Mikhail!

Mónica Algazi
Uruguay
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Done! Mar 29, 2015

I made it!!! : )

Thanks so much for your help, Mikhail.

Have a great week,

Mónica

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New user

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »