https://www.proz.com/forum/metatexis_support/128857-cant_clean_up_the_metatexis_file.html

Can't clean up the Metatexis file
Thread poster: Martin Wenzel
Martin Wenzel
Martin Wenzel
Germany
Local time: 11:51
English to German
+ ...
Mar 1, 2009

Hi all,

I am using Metatexis 2.91 in tandem with Office 2007 for the first time, apart from the long time it took to create the document it refuses to do a proper clean up.

I takes ages to calculate the units against the 40,000 words translation memory, but I loaded another 0 translation unit memory thinking that would do the trick, but to no avail.

If anybody could clean up the file for me, I would be most greatful or give me a tip how I can do it myself.<
... See more
Hi all,

I am using Metatexis 2.91 in tandem with Office 2007 for the first time, apart from the long time it took to create the document it refuses to do a proper clean up.

I takes ages to calculate the units against the 40,000 words translation memory, but I loaded another 0 translation unit memory thinking that would do the trick, but to no avail.

If anybody could clean up the file for me, I would be most greatful or give me a tip how I can do it myself.

With Trados, there was always this clean up macro...that would do the trick if you got stuck...

I did install the downloadable bug fix.

Thanks a million

Martin
Collapse

James McVay
James McVay  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:51
Russian to English
+ ...
Happened to me Mar 1, 2009

I had a similar problem with an earlier version of Metatexis and Word 2003. I e-mailed the Metatexis tech support, and they offered to clean the file up for me. I sent it to them, and they succeeded where I had failed.

Translation-Pro
Translation-Pro  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:51
English to German
+ ...
Possible workaround? Mar 2, 2009

Hi Martin,

As I don't have Office 2007, this is just a guess.
Could you maybe save the uncleaned file not as a word document but as an .rtf file, clean up the file, and then save it as an Office 2007 document?

Christa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't clean up the Metatexis file

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »